Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, now I feel guilty.......

:o

I've just been adding a side-twig to my tree. I added a husband and four children for a female distant cousin - the four children were born between 1848 and 1865. Should I have a look at what happened to these four children? I decided I would, but wasn't really in the mood as the previous family I did yesterday (sibling of the distant cousin) had one of those difficult trees where all the children marry more than once andmoved around a lot producing children right, left and centre!

Now I feel bad, because of these four children I've added this morning two died in their teens (I don't have many 12 and 14 year old deaths on my tree, so wasn't expecting that). Another died aged 42 after a single life as a servant and the one surviving daughter never left home and was last seen running the family pub with her ageing mother in 1901.

Now I'm wishing they'd all had long happy lives...............

Merry it's not your fault. And at least you have bothered about them and they will now be remembered.
    Kit

Comment

I was just thinking that, Kit.

Comment

Great minds Libby.
        Kit

Comment

lol you two!

Maybe the dau who remained in the pub with her mum was actually having a great time and wasn't the downtrodden wench I'm imagining?? Maybe she didn't marry because she prefered chatting up the customers and didn't want to be wiping snotty noses for half her life? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
            lol you two!

Maybe the dau who remained in the pub with her mum was actually having a great time and wasn't the downtrodden wench I'm imagining?? Maybe she didn't marry because she prefered chatting up the customers and didn't want to be wiping snotty noses for half her life? lol

Smart gal.................lol

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
              lol you two!

More likely than you may think. I knew just such a lady when I was a child She lived in the family pub nearly all her life, took over the licence when her parents died and eventually moved into a house in the same village when she retired in her 60s. She was the lynch pin around which village life revolved and people came from miles away to visit her pub, or rather to see her.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                More likely than you may think. I knew just such a lady when I was a child She lived in the family pub nearly all her life, took over the licence when her parents died and eventually moved into a house in the same village when she retired in her 60s. She was the lynch pin around which village life revolved and people came from miles away to visit her pub, or rather to see her.
                There you are! I feel much better now......what a nice site this is lol :D

Comment

Working...
                X