Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1911 Census - Northumberland (& other missing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census - Northumberland (& other missing)

Hi,
    I may have missed this, but when is this information to be released?

Thanks
    B
    Brian

Later this year! Sorry Brian I don't think anybody knows any different at present. It should be good for you when it does make an appearance:D

Janet

Comment

From the 1911 blog (dated 6 Feb)

The remaining English counties should all be available on the site within two months - the best indication we can give for Wales, Islands and Military at present is summer 2009 but we hope this is more useful than saying nothing! As soon as we can give a closer indication on specific counties and a better steer on Wales, we will.
      Elaine

Comment

I'm guessing start of Easter holidays for Northumberland etc and start of summer holidays for the rest, just because these things always seem to go online just when my kids want to use the computer all day and I don't get to go on it!
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thank you all

Now do I then go for the free 14 day trial; and forget to cancel because there are so many new leads . . . or opt for the cheapo link version (is that still available?)

Decisions
          Brian

Comment

Hi Brian

From your reply, I'm guessing that you expect the 1911 census to form some part of a subscription package maybe on Ancestry.

Unfortunately, that is not the case - its pay per view and works out quite expensive.

Jeannie

Comment

The 1911 is supposed to be coming on FindMyPast later this year as part of the subscription package, though those that are already on FMP subscription will be asked for further payment to cover and will only be allowed so many to access each month as part of their new and existing policy. This presumably is to stop people from looking up for others.

The 1911 Census will not be on Ancestry for at least a year or more but it is part of FMP.

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by Jeannie View Post
                Hi Brian

From your reply, I'm guessing that you expect the 1911 census to form some part of a subscription package maybe on Ancestry.

Unfortunately, that is not the case - its pay per view and works out quite expensive.

Jeannie
                Oh b****r (bother)
                Brian

Comment

Ooh, I didn't know that bit about there being a limit on the number of lookups per month with the subscription. That seems unfair on those of us with Welsh rellies, Rimmers, and the like, where we will probably have to look at lots of entries to find the right ones!
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kite

I should have explained that a little better than I did, as what I have said previously may have come over as rather misleading.

A directive was sent around early this month from FMP telling those people who already have a subscription to FMP that according to "The Fair Usage Policy":

"To ensure a high quality service for all customers, we enforce a “Fair Usage Policy” for Users with a Subscription, whereby we place a cap on use of the Services. We have set the current use limit at an average of no more than 1000 Credits per month over a rolling three month period."

So although this is not an actual cap on the 1911 Census itself, but is a general cap on all the services offered by FMP, but will amount to a cap on the 1911 as most people will be using their credits for that at this particular time. That is what I meant to say! And somehow we are all now going to have to keep tabs on the amount of credits we use so as not to go over the 1000 limit!!!

Janet
                    Last edited by Janet; 11-02-09, 19:05.

Comment

There was a thread about this last week

Have a look at the post from iantester which is quite helpful - it looks as though its not as bad as it first sounds. I think its good that fmp are taking the trouble to answer concerns (which is more than can be said for certain other sites)
                      Jackie

Comment

Working...
                      X