Buying Family Tree Maker 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Family Tree Maker 2009

I see with the Platinum edition of FTM09 you get six months membership with Ancestry and with the Deluxe edition three months.

I have only recently renewed my Annual membersip of Ancestry Essentials. Can I get a discount on the purchase price of either FTM09 to take into account that I am already a member. If so, where can I purchase?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Linda
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

I doubt that you can get a discount from one of the packages you describe. However, what you can do is to activate the Ancestry subscription when your current subscription expires. There is no need to activate it when you purchase the disc - but just remember to keep the documentation safe as there will be an activation code you will need to use at some point - don't lose it!
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I have been looking more closely at Family Historian and am currently using the 30 day free period to see what I think of it. So far I am quite impressed. For the time being, however, the jury is still out.

Kind regards - Linda
      Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

I activated my free months about six months ahead of my renewal date and they just added it on the end.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

yes I did that too Wendy .

Comment

Many thanks for responding. I have read ever so much, in the different forum, about FTM09 and am a bit reluctant. Have downloaded Family Historian 30 day free trial and must admit I am leaning towards it.

Looked at the family page of FTM09 on Amizon and it looks like a bringing together of what you get on FH. From what I've read FTM09 uses a lot of your computer resources, memory etc, together with access to the internet.

Jury is still out, I have another 28 days with FH before I make a decision.

Ooooh decisions, decisions. (If not just for the Ancestry membership).

Linda
            Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Decided against Family Tree Maker. Have just purchased Family Historian.

Safe surfing everyone.

Linda
              Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
              X