Tribal pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribal pages

I am going to set up a tribal pages site so that a few of my rellies can all see the tree and alter and add things to it. (It is only one of my lines so will be easy enough to keep track of).

Does anyone have any experience of tribal pages, or sharing a tree on there?

Thanks
    Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Yes, lots of people on here have one. You can password-protect your site, so only people with the password can access it and/or edit it.

You can't export from a free TP site, so if you're wanting to export a tree modified by other people to your own computer, you'll need a paid site.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they changed the rules about allowing other people to edit your tree fairly recently but I don't know the details as I have never given anybody access to edit mine. It was something to do with having to use your email address to log on, I think.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I've had a Tribal Pages site for a few years now, and I can thoroughly reccommend it. I pay a small annual fee so that I can a) get rid of the ads, and b) have a larger capacity for photographs.
        I started it because I have family scattered to the four corners of the world, and Tribal Pages is a nice easy way for them to see the tree.

Although I allow my family members access to view (through a password), I don't allow them to edit. Only I can edit, as I prefer to be in control of how it is set out etc. But I do ask my family to send me photos, tell me stories and make suggestions - all of which I then add to the Tribal Pages tree. So we can all watch it grow.

Good luck, hope your family all has fun with your tree.
        Karen x

Comment

Working...
        X