Freereg has been updated again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freereg has been updated again...

The FreeREG database contains 1,139,776 Marriages, 3,912,343 Baptisms, 1,987,909 Burials, and was last updated on Tue 10 Feb 2009

I wish they'd give you an idea what's been added (which places), so you know whether it's worth searching again or not.

Comment

If you go to 'Counties and Parishes' then click on the area you want (eg London), some of them have spreadsheets which list all the parishes with what years have been transcribed.

It might be true of all of them but i haven't looked

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
        If you go to 'Counties and Parishes' then click on the area you want (eg London), some of them have spreadsheets which list all the parishes with what years have been transcribed.

It might be true of all of them but i haven't looked
        Most do have a coverage database. Norfolk is particularly good as it mentions what has been transcribed and what is outstanding and the registers which transcribers have access to.

The problem is that the latest additions are not specifically marked in the way that the latest uploaded Freebmd records are so there are times you start searching in the hope that the updates cover your county or parish of interest but they may be for completely different areas.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
        X