Missing before 1901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing before 1901

Thanks to one very helpful person, I have found out that I have another GGGUncle.

His name is Webster Haigh.

I have found a possible in 1901 living in Batley, Yorkshire. He is married to Jane. I found a marriage to Jane Parkinson in 1890.

Webster is down as born c1866 Morley.
    Jane is down as born c1868 Liversedge.

All the children they have were born after the census.

Can anyone find them in 1891 and Webster before then? I must be looking in the wrong place, but I can't find them.
    Tracy

Is this Jane in 1871?

Edward Parkinson 32
    Hannah Parkinson 32
    Mary Ann Parkinson 8
    Clara P Parkinson 7
    Haigh Parkinson 4
    Jane Parkinson 3 Liversedge
    Edith Parkinson 1
    RG10; Piece: 4593; Folio: 74; Page: 38;
    Jeanette
    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Jane in 1881 ?

Edward Parkinson 42
      Hannah Parkinson 42
      Mary A. Parkinson 18
      Clara Parkinson 17
      Haigh Parkinson 14
      **Jane Parkinson 13
      Edith Parkinson 11
      Annie Parkinson 7
      William Parkinson 5
      Edith Parkinson 11

Roberttown, Yorkshire, England
      Liversedge
      Yorkshire
      England

Street address: Littletown
      Esta

Comment

I honestly don't know if it's her or not lol
        I have no details on her and am not even sure it's the right marriage, apart from the right names on the 1901.

Apparently, Webster was the uncle of my GGrandfather. I have all his mother's siblings and Webster isn't amongst them. I'm trying to find out how he's connected to the family.
        Tracy

Comment

So, what information have you started off with Tracy? Was it from the census or PRs or what?
          Jeanette

Comment

What I know is, Webster is mentioned in a paper about my GGuncle who was awarded medals in WW1 for bravery. Almost got a Victoria Cross, but just missed out.

Webster was on the Batley Conservative Club bowling team.

The 1901 Webster is the only one to be found in that locality.

You now know as much as I do lol

I'll add, if it's any help, Emma Ann Haigh is my GGGrandmother. She was born in 1860, Gildersome daughter of William Haigh and Caroline (Bradshaw/Brown). William was previously married to Nancy Rawcliffe and they had two children - Jane and Walker.
            Last edited by Orangeblossom; 10-02-09, 19:04.
            Tracy

Comment

Right, the only Webster Haigh born about the right time is this one

Births Sep 1865 (>99%)

Haigh Webster Wakefield 9c 57

Right name, wrong place....but not that far away

So I'm wondering, if this is the right one, was he born (illegitimate?)Webster Haigh and then his Mum married
              Jeanette

Comment

It's a possibility, though that would mean he wasn't an uncle, but something else.

Wish Haigh wasn't such a common name!
                Tracy

Comment

Haigh is terribly common in West Yorkshire unfortunately. I've even tried spelling it hague

Have you found him in 1911 at all? Just wondering if anyone else in the household would give a clue
                  Jeanette

Comment

Yes, though I can't afford to look at the pages.
                    The dates match with 1901.

There are 2 families who have Webster's in them. One is a Tom Webster though. It's difficult to tell which belongs where after the 1901 names are sorted.
                    Tracy

Comment

I decided to bite the bullet and got the image.
                      Nothing useful on there really, except it does say he was born West Ardsley, which would fit with the Wakefield birth.
                      There are 2 more children, and it says 2 have died. One must've been before 1901.

It does say they were married 20 years, so the marriage I found must be right.
                      Tracy

Comment

I was looking at a Webster in West Ardsley....'ang on!
                        Jeanette

Comment

There is a Webster Lumb born Ardsley, but he is in 1901. Confusingly, also has a wife Jane, but has different children - Hedley and Liley.
                          He's in 1911 too with them.

lol - just checked BMD - he's on the very next page to mine!
                          Tracy

Comment

That's the one....hmmmmmmmm how odd! And it's not as if his mother or father remarried

Marriages Jun 1854 (>99%)

BEDFORD Jonathan Wakefield 9c 59
                            JOWITT Hannah Wakefield 9c 59
                            LUMB David Wakefield 9c 59
                            Webster Martha Wakefield 9c 59
                            Jeanette

Comment

How likely, or not, is it that he was abroad prior to his marriage?

That still doesn't explain why they're not in 1891, but might explain why he's not any where else.
                              Tracy

Comment

I suppose it's a possibility. Perhaps his father was in the forces.

Could he maybe have been in the forces too and could they have been married while he was between postings? I was looking at the gap of 5 years between the marriage and their first child. Could that be the child that died before 1901 and was he/she born abroad???
                                Jeanette

Comment

Sorry I haven't been able to help Tracy. Maybe you could ask if anyone is going to the local records office
                                  Jeanette

Comment

Thank you for looking Jeanette. Least I know I'm not entirely crazy lol

I will need to go down there soon anyway, so I'll find the marriage info and see if there's any more info about the bowling club.
                                    Tracy

Comment

Working...
                                    X