Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yates in Wolverhampton-but where?

Hello
    My Yates family are in the 1891 census at Class: RG12; Piece: 2229; Folio 28; Page 4; GSU roll: 6097339. This shows them in Great Brick Kiln Street. I can also find them in 1911 on a search although I have not paid to look further!
    However, I cannot find them, or two further children, William and Ethel, in 1901. I have tried various searches, with and without surnames. Does anyone know what else I could try? I know the address, but can't work out how to get that address in 1901. I have tried following neighbours but without success.
    If anyone has a little time or a good idea, I would be most grateful!
    Thanks
    Louise

You can do an address search on this site, but it's pay-per-view:

1901 Census of England and Wales Online

Comment

Can you give us the address?
      Elaine

Comment

Hi
        The address is 191 Great Brick Kiln (or Brickkiln) Street, Wolverhampton Staffordshire
        I am still searching!
        Thanks
        Louise

Comment

Well
          I have searched the area for 1901, and found the street, but there is a gap in the numbers from 186 to 192. There are other 'odd' numbers on the page, so maybe these buildings had gone and my family moved.....
          In 1891, number 190 was the Kings Arms, and I can't see that in 1901 either.
          Looks like I will have to spend some money on 1911!
          Louise

Comment

The local studies folk at Wolverhampton library or the county archives may be able to help with the history of the street. Could be worth an email enquiry.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
            X