Complete birth index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete birth index

Can anyone please tell me why I can't seem to find the complete birth index on Ancestry?

I use to be able to look through the whole index but now the birth ony goes to 1915, the complete is only for marriage and death.

Thankyou
    Jean
    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

It's because Ancestry claim that everything from 1916 is fully transcribed. If you pick a name for the quarter you want and get the image up, you can then go forwards and backwards through the images.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thankyou Uncle John ....... I wish they would get them all in one place....it's now so complicated trying to find, what I use to find so easily......especially when I didn't know the year and quarter ... but wanted to trail through.

I'll have another go now.
      Thanks again

Jean

Comment

Technically it is supposed to be easier but I have trouble finding records of people I know.
        Kit

Comment

I'll take some of that back Uncle John ...... now I've got the hang of it ..... it is easier....just hope I can find it all again.

Comment

Yes I know what you mean Kit ..... I couldn't even find my own birth ... lol.

I know it was a bit of a trawl through the images .... but I don't trust these transcriptions ... and now I've lost the blooming things again.

Jean

Comment

Jean

try bookmarking the page, that might help when you are next looking

nice to see you btw
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Bookmark England & Wales Birth Marriage and Death Indexes 1837-2005 - Ancestry.co.uk
                That has all the available indexes in one handy place. Unfortunately, the new 1916 birth index is still named 1984-2005, but it is the same thing.
                Tracy

Comment

Hi Julie, I've got that many folders bookmarked that it takes me an age to find what I'm looking for ....lol ..... I've dragged Tracy's link onto the desktop while I'm using it quite alot....'so easy when you know how' .......thanks Tracy.

Jean

Comment

Working...
                  X