Help with Charles Humphrey "part two"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Charles Humphrey "part two"

I requested some help in January re my “Charles Humphrey c1879” and have since ordered certificates but have shed no definitive proof that I have found the right line. Sorry if my post is long winded but I just thought I should explain in full, to recap, Charles was married on the 25/12/1899 in Hornsey Middlesex; he was noted as being 21yo. Both Charles and his father “Thomas" were noted as being Labourers-at the time of Charles marriage. According to the 1901 census Charles was born in Putney Middlesex, and was noted as being a Bricklayers Labourer. He was living at No “18 The Grove Hornsey Middlesex” with his wife Charlotte and their daughter Mary A, 1 year old. The only Charles born around this time in Putney (that I could find) was the son of a Aaron and Keziah, I have ordered birth certs Dec 1877 Wandsworth Vol 1d, page 721 (father stated as George), Mar 1879 Wandsworth Vol 1d, page 616 (father stated as Richard) and neither seem to tie in. I also have copies of Aaron’s birth and Marriage certificate to Keziah and in both instances NO middle name is quoted for Aaron.
    The “Humphrey” family seems to reside alot in “The Grove” over the 1891 and 1901 Census
    1891 Aaron and Keziah Humphrey- poss parents of Charles Humphrey, although Charles seems to be transcribed as Christopher; living at “23 The Grove” All other census’ he’s quoted as Charles.
    1901 My Charles Humphrey is living with wife Charlotte at “18 The Grove”
    1901 Daughter of Aaron and Keziah/ sister of Charles; Mary Ann Lythgoe living at “14 The Grove”
    I understand from reading threads that the marriage cert stating Charles’ father name as Thomas may be incorrect or may not be his actual father, but how do I move forward from here. I believe that Charles is a part of Aaron and Keziah’s family I am unable to confirm it via Charles birth cert. as I can’t locate it, is there any other way to prove to myself that I have the right family for Charles or do I just ASSUME?
    Once again sorry for the “Novel” that I have just written. :o
    [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

There is another birth registered in Wandsworth, Mar Qtr 1879 for Charles Humphry 1d/738

Comment

Oh.....thanks Lyn, I must have missed that one...here goes, I will order this cert, fingers crossed it's the right one! I have invested so much into this so far I can't give up now.
      [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Comment

Mystic, I know that feeling well....fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
        X