nasty new virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nasty new virus

My laptop is currently under the care of a very capable computer expert friend, and I am using my old (and extremely slow) one.

Last night, the scan scared me rigid with line after line of red "found virus", and all of it in the Windows essential machinery. Basically, if I had turned the computer off, then it would not have restarted and that would have been that, but fortunately I had the right advice and all should be well after the necessary work to fix it.

One virus was called "Pinit" and I forget what the other one is, but they are new and lethal - also extremely fast in their infection of files. Unfortunately, my friend could find nothing that pointed to where the virus came in, which is a little bit of a worry to say the least!

Anyway, just be careful and if your scan should throw up this problem, along with a box from Windows saying that you must immediately insert the System disc, then whatever you do.........DON'T turn off your computer until it has all been sorted out.
    Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Hi Sally,

These are the variants of pinit virus. It shows you where the goes when active.
    Should not be to hard to remove.

Worm.Win32.Pinit.gen [Kaspersky Lab] | ThreatExpert Statistics

Comment

Working...
    X