Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS site help please

Hi

I have found a death record for someone who i think may be mine but im not sure. what i know is: Patrick Hanley born c1847 dependant on which census you use. As per 1911 he was born in Kilmallock in Ireland.

I have found a death in 1919 of a Patrick Hanley born 1845, in Kilmallock. Is this just coincidence? Up until 1911 they are living in Bootle in Lancashire so not sure if it was usual for them to go home?

This is from the LDS pilot site
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

It looks possible - but it would be hard to claim that Patrick is an unusual name in Ireland! Even if it were a rare name, it might not be rare in the Hanley family - so it could be a cousin, say. I don't know what info is on an Irish death cert of that date (?anything in the Wiki?), but there's presumably a notifier name, with relationship, so that might help.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

LDS don't normally record EXTRACTED deaths. The only deaths I have ever seen have been submitted records, apart from infant deaths.

OC

Comment

I would think that the deaths on the LDS pilot site will be the ones from the civil registration.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine

Ah, right! Has the LDS changed its view of death, then?!

OC

Comment

OC the pilot site is different from the other LDS sites and databases such as the IGI and simply records details from the various registers and indexes.

The entry mentioned comes from the Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes 1845-1958.
            These are records originally kept by the General Register Office in Dublin prior to the split in 1922 when the records were held by Dublin & Belfast respectively.

The records on the pilot site are nothing to do with the LDS philosophy or views.
            Cheers
            Guy
            PS
            The url for the pilot site is
            Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

The url for the familysearch site is
            Last edited by Guy; 10-02-09, 06:48.
            Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thanks for that link Guy.

Just had a quick look and they've got one of my lot down as a Janet- in 1861. A squiz at the original record shows the lady to be called Sarah.

What has made me tut and sigh though is that they have Norfolk as Norfolkshire- whatever next
              Bren

Looking for
              WIDDOWS (Norfolk, Yorkshire, Australia)
              SOUTHGATE, TURNER, EBBAGE (All Norfolk)
              COXHEAD (Canada)
              WADE (USA)

Comment

Thankyou Guy - to be honest I haven't even bothered looking at the pilot site, but I will now!

OC

Comment

Working...
                X