Errorfix.com.... advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errorfix.com.... advice please

Saw this advert...makes your computer much faster (mine is very slow). But nervous of downloading it......any ideas

Thanks

Linda

I have an add-on for Firefox called WOT, which warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. When I went to this site, it flagged it up as "dangerous." Having said that, I can't vouch for the accuracy of WOT!

Have you tried cleaning up your PC? Try using CCleaner to get rid of redundant files and then run defrag. You might want to try a registry cleaner, too. How much RAM do you have?
    Last edited by lorry53; 09-02-09, 09:33.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I would be very wary of downloading any of those things if you just come across them via an advert.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Lorry,

Thanks for the advice, downloaded and used the programme...worked great

Thanks again

Linda

Comment

Hi Linda,

These simple steps should help you speed up your pc a bit.

1) Run ccleaner to clean up unwanted rubbish of your pc.

2) Uninstall unwanted programs.

3) go to run type msconfig, go to startup tab and take ticks out of stuff your dont want to load on startup.

4) run a good registry program like regvac Computer Software from Super Win Software
          run the program to all errors are fixed. I have used this program works a treat.

5) run chkdsk to check for errors

6) Defrag your hard drive

7) Turn off unnecessary services from the Services control panel, under Administrative Tools.

8) I never use system restore so I turn it off, if your to turn it off - Go to the System Control Panel and click on the System Restore tab, turn off system restore for all drives.

9) This one is also upto you but works great on old pc's just reduce the number of window animations go to System Control Panel, Advanced Tab, performance settings thats it your do, you should see a diffrents in the speed.

I hope this helsp you out

Comment

How do you Defrag your hard drive?
            I’m no genealogist …
            Until this year I spelled it “GeneOlogist!"
            ;)

Comment

All programs - Accessories - Systems Tools - Disk Defragmenter.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks
                I’m no genealogist …
                Until this year I spelled it “GeneOlogist!"
                ;)

Comment

Working...
                X