CPU running at 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU running at 100%

Is their anyway I can increase the memory to give it more room to work in?

Ooer, what programs are you running, James?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Where is this being reported James ??
      https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi James,

When your computer is running real slow and cpu is at 100% do this for me

Press ctrl+alt+del to open task manager and click processes tab and tell whats running at 100% or whats hogging all your cpu.

Comment

Yes, I was about to say the same thing.

I have an oldish computer running Win2000, and when it shows 100% CPU use it's usually because a program I'm running isn't responding, and needs to be closed down.

Comment

James
            Memory is where instructions and data are stored as they wait their turn to access the CPU, so adding more memory will do nothing at all.
            If your CPU is reporting a 100% usage, it means that it is running at the maximum of its processing capability.

This, like the rest of the posters have stated, is normally a sign of an application either being very processor hungry, or has frozen.
            Ctrl+Alt+Del will open your list of running programs
            Post the name of the one that is causing the problem of using all the CPU. but ignore System Idle, as that is a natural function.
            There are many that can then answer your question here.

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
            X