Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Home Children site up and running

British Home Children Descendants

Thanks Val. Not sure I have anyone there but have bookmarked it just in case.
    Kit

Comment

Thankyou for that site Val - I have put it into favourites to visit later. I am sure we had a few in Children's Homes

Comment

Thanks...It refers to becoming a member...however I was informed by a member of this site that one of my family went there on this scheme and I have since found his marriage and his later emigration to America... again with help from a member here

Comment

I joined months ago but it was only in its early stages ,I am interested as I found sisters that were sent to Canada .

Comment

Thanks for the link, Val - this could be useful.

Bee.
            Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
            COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

boys & girls , it been in the wiki for at least 3 months!

Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                Thanks for the link, Val - this could be useful.

Bee.
                Hi Bee, I married a Banks from Lewisham London in 1968, (now deceased) we had three children now all grown up. He was born and brought up in London and his parents were both Londoners, not sure where his father's family were from though.

Comment

abanks

Researching ancestors in Lincoln, London and Ireland, Sale family. One of our ancestors was at Lincoln Cathedral in 1700's in the Vicars Choral he was born in 1715-16 Westminster London - we believe he married an Alice Desborough in 1746 and there is a record I have found whilst at Lincoln Archives for a daughter Easter(Esther) baptised at St. Swithin's Church, Bicker, West Holland, Lincs. I have looked on the British History online site but could not get a list of Lay Vicars for the 1700's. Anbody out there know anything on the Sale family in Lincoln? Would be v. grateful ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X