• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo help please

Hi

could anyone date this photo please.
    Attached Files
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

If it helps i believe the elder child in the first photo is the elder lady in this one. My nan is the girl on the far right who was born in 1939, so i guess this photo was mid 1950's
    Attached Files
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

That's what I thought - as whole families used to go to the hopfields during the summer during the 1950's.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I went to live in Kent in 1956/7 and whole families going to the hopfields were not really in evidence very much at that time. I think the wain started about 1952/1955 so I would suggest this is early 1950's. The lady on the right looks about 13 so if born 1939 I would suggest a date of about 1952/4. Once rationing was gone and teenagers were invented, money flowed much more freely and the need to go to the hopfields to make ends meet was not as great as it had been though a few families went for enjoyment.

Janet

Comment

Give it a clean up and made it bigger so you can see.

Last edited by Britec; 08-02-09, 14:09.

Comment

Before reading the rest of the thread I plumped for 1950s. I can remember loads of family photos with us children dressed like that.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
            X