Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could my Laptop problems be to do with losing the internet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could my Laptop problems be to do with losing the internet??

I was wondering if its maybe the fact I'm losing the internet without realising thats causing my problems ??? as I noticed in the last couple of days when I try and go to the help site I get the message you have lost your connection to the internet ???
    I have been assuming as its says currently connected to?? and the name of my PC which is outside in the Garage where the Router is that I'm connected ? maybe I'm not .

If you click on the little symbol in the bottom right hand corner of the screen for the internet connection then you can click ti check status or something like that, and it should show you if your connection is working properly.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thanks Kite just checked and its fine at the moment but it does say on the IPV6 connectivity limited ???? what does that mean

Comment

Dave says IPV6 is a new thing to be phased in in the future. Ours says limited as well.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

:(thanks Wendy just got cut off again
          Would it be possible for me to leave the Router outside on the PC and unplug it and get another one for indoors ???save me having to keep plugging and unplugging it and if so would I need to get the same one I already have ???

Comment

Dave says you can have more than one but you can only have one connected at a time, so you would have to remember to switch one off before putting other one on. They don't have to be the same but better if they are.
            Wendy

Comment

Hi Val. I don't know if its any consolation, but it did that to me earlier.
              I replied to a pm but had the same message as you that it was not connected to the internet (it was). I clicked on 'try again' and it worked ok.

As you know I am on a laptop and have never had any problems at all.

Joy

Comment

tell Dave thanks Wendy, when you say it would better if they are the same do you mean power wise ???
                Joy I think its because we are so open here and so far away from the nearest exchange .

Comment

Dave here...

If they are the same make and model, you can usually backup the settings from the first one, and them restore that onto the second one, saving loads of time and hassle when it comes to setting up the second one.

Different makes and models will have different settings which although similar, cannot be copied over as easily as above.
                  Wendy

Comment

thanks very much Dave I think I shall have to buy one from Talktalk as I dont seem able to find a seller of them, that would make life a lot easier if I did that.

Comment

Working...
                    X