Ancestry births ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry births ????

I'm probably being thick here but can someone please tell me where the complete Ancestry births for 1837 - 1983 are these days please? :o
    I can only find complete marriages and deaths. The only births I can find are partial and 1984 - 2005
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

I think there is a problem accessing these at the moment Chrissie. There was a thread on here about it. Will find it & nudge up for you.

Joanie

Comment

Transcribed index is here:
      England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005 - Ancestry.co.uk

- there was a thread up yesterday about finding the actual images

.. not sure if anyone found them!
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Joanie and Elaine. I will have another go and see if I can understand what you are all talking about on the other thread :D

I can probably check whether it's working ok too. My Levi Morley born July-Sept 1861 didn't show on free BMD but I have just found him by trawling on Find my past.
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 07-02-09, 11:10.

Comment

There is a Levi Morlet in 1861 on freeBMD - is he yours?
          Elaine

Comment

That could explain it Elaine :D

I am now trying to find him in 1881 but the only likelihood I've found so far is listed as Levi Whalley, a gunner in Dover and no birth for Levi Whalley showing up in Notts from 1859 - 1863. Oh it's all good fun I suppose :D

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              I'm probably being thick here but can someone please tell me where the complete Ancestry births for 1837 - 1983 are these days please? :o
              I can only find complete marriages and deaths. The only births I can find are partial and 1984 - 2005

Not thick at all Chris,

the long and the short of it seems to be that ALL births have now been transcribed so there is no need for the 'complete' birth index to be showing, as they have been transcribed so can go in the regular search on ancestry.

I just did a search for your Levi and he is on ancestry main search but showing as MORLET

this is the image and it does state MORLEY... so it needs to be corrected.

- Ancestry.co.uk
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie - that's what Elaine said :D

I'm struggling to find him in 1881 now.

Comment

Wow, I wonder how they decided they could say this:

The England and Wales birth indexes are fully transcribed between the years 1837 - 1915.

If you look at the "coverage charts" on FreeBMD's website, there are some years not quite up to 100%?

I haven't had a go at this yet, but I'm guessing that if you pick a name similar to the one you want then you can get to the page and then browse through the images that way?
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                  X