Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look up if possible (davedg)

good morning lancs ,
    could some nice person look up for me William Davedg(daveg)baptised 4th july 1790 at Ringley and his brother John baptised 28th october 1792 also at Ringley according to info that i have, many,many thanks Chris davage ,down in Ampshir.

What exactly is it you want to find Chris?
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

He is on the IGI, parents John Davidge and Diana

If you do a parent search there is also and Eliz. Davage bap 30/11/1786 in Bolton le Moors, not sure if that is near Ringley?
      Rose

Comment

Chris, are wanting us to try to go backwards or forwards in time for you ?

Comment

the davages

hi wendy and rose
          what am i looking for ,good question ,here we go i have been looking for parents of John Daveg (davedg,davidge,davage,daveg)yes he spelt it all those ways ,he married Diana Hattersley at Ecclesfield Sheffield 25th march 1788 ,i have traced my family tree back to him and then it stops dead because he did not register parents on wedding register he was obviously educated because he could write Diana signed with an ,x, ,if i can find his parents i can move on backwards in time ,after your finding William, they must have moved back to Ringley for a while where they had William & john ,William is my direct line ancestor he is my g,g,g,g,grandfather i think i,ve got that right ,it goe,s John 1763,William 1790,george 1822ish,george,1851,my g,dad William,1889,my dad 1914 my mum 1916 who is by the way still alive and in her 93rd year,would be very thankful any assistance you can give ,bit of irony here my wife and i are going over to IOW for a week away on the 13th feb all the very best to both Chris Davage.

Comment

hi gallowaylass ,yes that is the idea you see i have got stuck with john name spelling changed so much did not settle to today,s DAVAGE till after census,s started many many thanks chrisdavage.

Comment

1851 census there is a William Davage an ag. lab living Pennistone Road, Hallam. with his wife Ruth born Yorkshire and daughter Elizabeth b. Yorkshire. William gives his borthplace as Bolton.
              Pam

Comment

Hi Chris
                Did they marry by license or banns? If it was by license & it has survived it may contain some more information.
                Moggie

Comment

GRRR ancestry has hung up on me again!

Comment

hi again ,
                    yes that is my William they moved back to Sheffield sometime between 1792 and 1796 where they had another son and a daughter ,and yes they did get married by licence ,i cannot get over the rapid response ,i have been flaundering on this for nearly 6mths thank you so much all of you,all the very best chris .ps if anybody is interested in my findings i will gladly email to you or anyone researching same .

Comment

hi pam and moggie ,yes that is my William ,and yes they did get married by licence ,John and Diana moved back to Sheffield sometime between 1792 and 1796 where they had another son and a daughter many thanks to all of you chris .

Comment

hi gallowaylass just looking at your research and see you are looking at Mcleod ,might help my fathers sister name removed married a name removed Mcleod they lived near Evanton Ross-shire ,you see my granddad moved to there after my dad was born and had a newsagents shop ,i do have the details somewhere and names removed had 2 daughters names removed ,i believe one of the daughter,s lives in the north somewhere ,i have not got around to anyone else apart from my direct line ,please let me know if this is right ,all the best Chris .
                        Last edited by KiteRunner; 07-02-09, 12:59. Reason: names removed in case they are still living

Comment

Baptisms for St Saviour Ringley are held at Manchester Local Archives. Is that the church you want? The church is not very far from me and there is a photo of it in the Wiki
                          PAT

Comment

Chris, I'm not sure which of the people you mentioned is still living but I can see from your post that at least one of them is, so I've taken the names out for now but if some of them are no longer living then we can put them back in.
                            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

hi kiterunner
                              oops sorry about that got to excited with progress today is it possible to send gallowaylas a private message ,you see i,m pretty green on this site,many thanks chris.

Comment

Yes, just click on her username next to her post, and you will see an option to send a private message.
                                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

hi pat
                                  not sure ,but it does ring a bell from my searching ,i will look through my papers and see if i have anything ,on info for William it says ringley in the parish of Prestwick ,living in the south leaves me pretty much in the dark on the norths geography,many thanks Cgris.

Comment

Ringley is in the parish of Prestwich

GENUKI: Ringley, Lancashire genealogy
                                    PAT

Comment

ammend message 5

hi pat i put my granddad as william 1889 it should read george william1889,my dad was george francis 1914.hope you have a nice day chris.

Comment

Working...
                                      X