Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotland death registered 6 months later ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland death registered 6 months later ?

He appears to have died at home in 1943 age 3 of cardiac failure certified by a doctor..the death was not registered for over 6 months and the on information of the Procurator Fiscal.
    Can anyone shed any light on a possible reason for the late registration

The likelyhood is that there would have had to be a post mortem. If there was any doubt over the cause of death (ie. why the heart failure if say, the child had not been known to be sickly) then the registration would be completed by the local registrar on receipt of the paperwork from the Procurator Fiscal after the decision by the local court.

Did you get the cert from the ScotlandsPeople website? Did you see a red box above your results that would indicate an entry in the Register of Corrected Entries? You can download that too if there is one. It will usually contain a resume of the court's decision
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 06-02-09, 15:22. Reason: correction

Comment

Thank you Galloway Lass... the regisration documents usually have the name of a person present and the informant...often the same person.. but this has no name as present and no informant...but perhaps this fits your explanation

Comment

Is there anything written in sideways in the left margin or in column 1?

Comment

No , I checked that as another download today had details of cause of death in a road accident when I downloaded the extra but this one has nothing there

Comment

What rotten luck. Try emailing the local library to see if they can turn up a death notice in the local newspapers or maybe an article.

I can have a look for the appropriate email addy if you can give me the location of the death.

Comment

I have not put his name as family still living but the area was Strathanaird, Ullapool, Ross and Cromarty

Comment

Nearest library is in Ullapool

Email: ullapool.library@highland.gov.uk
                Telephone: 01854 612543
                Fax: 01854 612543

I think the correct spelling is Strathcanaird.

The main local history and reference collection is in Inverness. This link will take you to the right page

Newspaper resources

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you very much for you help
                  Cheers
                  Colin

Comment

I have had a couple of Scottish deaths which are followed up by a RCE entry. But the death was originally registered "in time". Both RCE entries followed an investigation by the "Fiscal"; one I remember was a suicide.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                    X