London Marriage Licences now on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Marriage Licences now on Ancestry

Just spotted these, they were added yesterday The London Marriage Licences 1521 -1869. It's the Archive CD version.
    Sue

Great - except that it comes up with "no results" for every search I've done!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nope, I've found one! I searched on surname Ehn and got first name Ellen. Not much use so far.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Same for me Little Nell - but I'm not really sure what I am expecting to find there anyway! :D
        Elaine

Comment

Oh, I think I've already got the CD of that one and never found any of mine on it. *sigh*
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

If you go to page 787 there is an "Index of Matches - Females", and it seems that the entries listed in the index may not come up if you do a name search on the database, so worth browsing through the index to see if the person you are looking for is listed. Also worth browsing through the main part of the book to look for a man's name even if you get "no match" on your search because I bet there are some that don't work.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X