X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just spotted new on Ancestry.co.uk...

London, England, Marriage Licences, 1521-1869

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Oh, Christine, thanks for pointing this out - that's another 3 or 4 hours accounted for!

I wonder if I'll find anything.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

It's images of a book of transcriptions. The surnames are in groom alpha order. I think it must be OCR, because if you put in "MARKS" as a surname, it picks up Marks Hall (place).

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Ahh, that explains why it was down earlier lol
        Tracy

Comment

I was trying to search for the surname "White" but was getting lots of irrelevant hits. I figured that the grooms with this surname should be at the end, so I went through until I got the last set of result and clicked on that page, and it brought up an index with all those people of a certain surname list with page number.

E.g.
          White Agnes 115, 952, 1192, etc

The index for "White" is on page 1592, just to given you an idea. This is the page for women, it would appear.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
            I was trying to search for the surname "White" but was getting lots of irrelevant hits. I figured that the grooms with this surname should be at the end, so I went through until I got the last set of result and clicked on that page, and it brought up an index with all those people of a certain surname list with page number.

E.g.
            White Agnes 115, 952, 1192, etc

The index for "White" is on page 1592, just to given you an idea. This is the page for women, it would appear.
            I have the Winchester Licences CD. It has an index at the back for all the names that aren't the grooms.

Christine

Comment

Working...
            X