I've got a trojan on my machine and not sure how to get it off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a trojan on my machine and not sure how to get it off

Was wondering why my compy was so slow considering it's a new machine and was running like a dream for the first couple of weeks so I as fiddling around with it to get it to sped up and when I ran msconfig I found a trojan. I disabled it from start-up but I know it needs to go permenantly...wondering how to do this. Also I have anti virus on my machine but wondring if I need spybot also? Can anyone help? Cheers.

have a look at the thead I nudged up for you

Comment

Thanks Val...no sure it is a trojan no tbh...it came up as msmsgs which I understood to be dodgy but since deleting it all that's hapnned is my msn messenger has gone off...so I guess it's msn messenger? In which case I still don't knwo what's making my computr slow.

Comment

trojan

Hiya
        My neighbour had trojan on his computer. Kids got something in via MSM Message
        My son put on Anti-Malware program for them & it found 35 trojans.
        He put computer into safe mode & ran it that way to clear the system.
        Somebody on here might know about doing it in safe mode & explain better.

tugman;)

Comment

I don't think it's a trojan now it seems to be msn messenger. Any tips on how to speed up comp would be cool though.

Comment

So what is it? A virus or what?

You want to speed up your computer with what?

Comment

Any Greeks about? They knew how to get rid of Trojans. Where is Odysseus when you need him?
              Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

ha :D

Comment

I can't see how running msconfig would find a trojan, but if you have one, I would try using thr free trial of The Cleaner v5.1.

Comment

Hi,

1) First download and run ccleaner. CCleaner - Home

2) Turn off system restore

3) download and do full scan of SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware!

4 ) download spybot and run it The home of Spybot-S&D!

5) Then do a full onlinescan here Free Virus Scan - Kaspersky Lab

6) to make sure you can do another scan

Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro UK

After all that you should be clean, if not give me a shout

Hope this helps you out

Comment

Just to confirm...it's NOT a trojan, at all. Thanks though and Maggie I want to speed up teh comp so it can go at 70 miles and hour then maybe it can take me to London and back ;-)

Comment

Britec - brilliant posting. Good links

BendyCowgirl - can you tell us how you found out it wasnt a trojan? Did you manage to speed up your computer?
                        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
                        X