X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooper family tree

can anyone help me.
    i nees help with the cooper family from suffolk do any know anything
    this is what i know most of my family are from battisford suffolk, wattisham, combs. ipswich, and some ilford dageham london. i would like to know if anyone knew a spencer jonathan cooper born 1874 battisford died in ilford london in the 1941, his mother and father was jonathan cooper 1832 battisford and rebecca pegg. jonathan cooper father was thomas cooper 1790 he married a mary durrant wattisham suffolk, thomas cooper father was jonathan cooper 1764 married a frances syer i belive they were from from wattisham. jonathan father was a samuel cooper from kettlebaston suffolk born i think in 1711 if and out there can help please do.
    many thanks
    shell
    Last edited by shell31; 05-02-09, 12:26. Reason: more info

Welcome to Family Tree Forum.
    I am going to move your thread over into the Research Qs and As section as more people will see it there.

Perhaps you could give us a little more detail as to names and dates - tell us what you already know and how far back you have got with your research.

However, I must point out that we do not allow the names of living people to be published on the forum.
    Elaine

Comment

Cooper is a very common name. Have you got a village/town to narrow things down?
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
        Cooper is a very common name. Have you got a village/town to narrow things down?
        can u see what else i have put in from my last message so i am new to this thanks shell

Comment

Hello shell,

Welcome to Family Tree Forum! You have now added quite a lot of information in your first post. Maybe you could tell us some specifics that you would like to find out and we can then try and help you.

Just click Post Reply if you want to add to this thread

Comment

Thanks for giving more information in your first post.
            What sort of help are you looking for - have you found the family in the census?
            Are you looking for descendants of Spencer Jonathan Cooper in which case have you searched sites such as Ancestry, Genes Reunited and Tribal Pages which have online tree building facilities.
            Elaine

Comment

Spencer Jonathan Cooper

Reposted for Shelli -

hi i am not sure if i am posting this right i am looking for anyone who have or know any info on a spencer jonathan cooper born 1874 battisford sufffolk and died in ilford london in 1941 do anyone know him or of him?
              thanks shell
              Gwynne

Comment

What info are you wanting Shell?

Do you want to find him on a census, or contact someone who has personal knowledge of him?

Comment

Shell is just new and finding site hard to negotiate at the mo so take some time getting here if she doesnt know how to ;;;
                  borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Just sending her a pm Babs to give her the link to her thread and explain how to reply.
                    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                      What info are you wanting Shell?

Do you want to find him on a census, or contact someone who has personal knowledge of him?
                      personal knowledge of him is what i am looking for any anything on him when he lived in ilford london

Comment

coopers from wattisham suffolk ilford

Comment

is there any cooper from suffolk on this site sorry if i sound or come over think i am new and not even sure if i am posting right,
                          thanks shell

Comment

Shell - welcome to FTF. You are doing fine.

I think it would help if you could take us backwards, starting with one of your ancestors who is dead, such as your grandfather or grannie. And if you tell us what birth, death and marriage certificates you've already got, we can ask about what is actually written on them.

That way we can all be sure that the people we find are actually related to you. It's very easy to latch on to another family with the same name and end up with a family tree that doesn't connect. From bitter experience we know it's easy to go wrong if you don't buy the certificates.

Happy hunting.
                            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

It is often more difficult to come forward in time than it is to work back!

If you are looking for someone who knew Spencer Jonathan Cooper then it might be worth contacting local papers were you know he last lived and ask if it's possible to place some sort of announcement.

There is also a tree showing on Ancestry which has a Spencer Jonathan Cooper on it. I don't know if it's the same person as there are no birth or death details given - but it might be worth contacting the submitter (unless of course it is your tree!)
                              - Ancestry.co.uk
                              Elaine

Comment

There is also a tree on Tribal Pages - again I've no idea if this is yours or not - but if not might be worth contacting the submitter

TribalPages.com - Free Family Tree - Genealogy
                                Spencer Jonathan COOPER b.1874
                                Born in Great Fiinborough, Suffolk, England
                                Src: Don Nunn's ancestors and more from Suffolk and Sussex
                                Elaine

Comment

Hi Shell

Do you know what Spencer Jonathan Cooper did for a living? There might be records to be found related to his work.

Comment

spencer jonathan cooper

Hi all this might sound silly but is there any way i can find info on spencer cooper when he lived in ilford london in the 1930s. i got his death cerf so i know he died in 1941 in ilford 1a manor ed its says is there anything i can do to find out more thanks
                                    shel

Comment

I have merged the message you have just posted into this thread as members have already replied on here.
                                      Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 09-02-09, 16:05.
                                      Elaine

Comment

samuel cooper 1722?1719

hi all has anyone got info on samuel cooper children jonathan james samuel and maybe more. they lived in kettelbaston suffolk. i belive he married a elizabeth not sure last name. any info would be great.
                                        shell

Comment

Working...
                                        X