Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charting help

Hi
    Does anyone know how to generate a chart with ALL individuals in my genealogy research?. I am using Legacy Family Tree, Family Tree Maker and the Master Genealogyst, but haven't found the way to do it. Or maybe there is another software to do it.
    Please help
    Saludos
    Mosha
    Researching:
    Cantu, Chapa, Leal, in Mexico. Schroeder, Schröder, Ehrlich, Schnapp, Kubeczka, Schmeizerle in Germany and Central Europe, Czeck Republik... perhaps someone lost in USA.

Using:
    Legacy Family Tree and The Master Genealogyst

Which version of FTM are you using?
    Elaine

Comment

You can do that with Family Historian!

However if you have a lot of people on your tree it can look incredibly messy with 'ribbons' joining spouses from differnt parts of the tree. I think most people who use Family Historian play about with the 'all individuals' diagram, out of interest, and then go back to a more sensible one of just part of the tree!

Anne

Comment

I would agree with Anne that you it can look messy - it really depends on how many people you have in your tree.
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          Which version of FTM are you using?
          I am using FTM 2008

Thanks
          Mosha
          Researching:
          Cantu, Chapa, Leal, in Mexico. Schroeder, Schröder, Ehrlich, Schnapp, Kubeczka, Schmeizerle in Germany and Central Europe, Czeck Republik... perhaps someone lost in USA.

Using:

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
            You can do that with Family Historian!

However if you have a lot of people on your tree it can look incredibly messy with 'ribbons' joining spouses from differnt parts of the tree. I think most people who use Family Historian play about with the 'all individuals' diagram, out of interest, and then go back to a more sensible one of just part of the tree!

Anne
            Thanks to all of you guys...
            As of today I have a bit more than 1000 individuals.
            Mosha
            Researching:

Using:

Comment

In Family Tree Maker a chart which shows everyone in your tree is known as an All-in-one chart.
              Unfortunately it is not available in FTM 2008 or FTM 2009. :(
              Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine, in which version of FTM is it available... I still have a previous one archived
                Researching:

Using:

Comment

Hello again Mosha

The "all in one tree" is available in FTM 2005 and also in FTM 2006.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                  My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                  My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Glen, thanks... I'll check which one I have ( I think 2005).... Do you know if there is any other program that can do it?
                    Regards
                    Mosha
                    Researching:

Using:

Comment

There are only a handful of programmes that can print everyone, they are

Family Tree Maker (but not the 2008 & 2009 version)
                      Family Historian
                      Genbox
                      GenoPro
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

[QUOTE=Glen in Tinsel Knickers;1575418]There are only a handful of programmes that can print everyone, they are

Family Tree Maker (but not the 2008 & 2009 version)
                        Family Historian
                        Genbox
                        GenoPro[/QUOTE

I´ve been taking a look at Genbox... and looks really interesting.
                        We all know that the perfect program doesn´t exists, one that has EVERYTHING we want. I would like to know everybodys opinion regading Genbox, I´ll really appreciate your imput on it Glen since I can tell you are really informed about most programs.
                        I am kind of used to Legacy regarding data imput, but like what I can do with charts with The Master Genealogyst and Tree Draw but each has its limitations. Also I am still looking for the best program to make the corresponding web page as easy for dummies as it can be. So any comments in all of this will be deeply appreciated.
                        Regards
                        Mosha
                        Ps... Sorry about the english and grammar... my native language is spanish
                        Researching:

Using:

Comment

Besides FTM there are only a few programs that will create a tree with everybody in the file on it at the click of the mouse. They are.

Genbox
                          Family Historian
                          GenoPro

My money is on Genbox for making it look neater than all the other programs.
                          Best Wishes
                          Ron
                          www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Dissaponted

Hi Guys me again.
                            I must confess that I am at an impass... and dissapointed about my options.
                            I was kind of excited with the Genbox trial to make All-in-one charts, but it turns out, with even not too large charts, when you try to save to either png, jpg or bitmap, the program sends a not enough memory to save image error. I've done my reaserch and it is a pretty common problem (nothing to do with my computer). To solve it you can either cut down extemely the amount of individuals (which nulifies the point of an All-in-one chart) or you have to decrease the zoom view a lot, which renders a very poor image in which you can barely read names.
                            On the other side I also got a trial of Family Tree Maker 16 which is supposed to be the same as FTM 2006, and surely enough it can build All-in-one charts, with one tiny problem... there is no way to save it to any format.:(
                            Or at least I haven't found it.
                            So... any suggestions?
                            Mosha
                            Researching:

Using:

Comment

You could always print to file.
                              That would in effect save the file on your computer instead of printing it.

Simply add a new printer named File in the add printers option.
                              Cheers
                              Guy
                              Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Mosha View Post
                                On the other side I also got a trial of Family Tree Maker 16 which is supposed to be the same as FTM 2006, and surely enough it can build All-in-one charts, with one tiny problem... there is no way to save it to any format.:(
                                So... any suggestions?
                                Mosha
                                If you were using FTM 2006 then you could export to pdf file format.
                                Creat all-in-one-chart, select FILE, select EXPORT ALL IN ONE TREE, select pdf format.
                                However I am not sure whether this option is available in version 16.

One thing to point out is that trial versions of programs do not usually contain all the features of the full package - so if the export to pdf is not available in the version you have it could be down to either of two things - the first because you only have a trial version - and the second, it's not available in version 16 anyway.
                                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosha View Post
                                  Hi Guys me again.
                                  I must confess that I am at an impass... and dissapointed about my options.
                                  I was kind of excited with the Genbox trial to make All-in-one charts, but it turns out, with even not too large charts, when you try to save to either png, jpg or bitmap, the program sends a not enough memory to save image error. I've done my reaserch and it is a pretty common problem (nothing to do with my computer). To solve it you can either cut down extemely the amount of individuals (which nulifies the point of an All-in-one chart) or you have to decrease the zoom view a lot, which renders a very poor image in which you can barely read names.
                                  So... any suggestions?
                                  Mosha
                                  You cannot save an All in One Tree using FTM, you can save it in Genbox as a Genbox Chart but this means you do need the program to open the saved tree.
                                  Best Wishes
                                  Ron
                                  www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Working...
                                  X