Email Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Text

Please can someone explain to me a little about these symbols that I receive in some emails and annoy me immensely.

They are like this < text > on every line or even in the middle of the text. I thought that they were called 'Carets'? I also thought that in XP I could clear them by going to tools. I just have not found a way to move them in Vista.

I have about a three page email waiting to read and I would think there are more of these symbols than text.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Googling "carets" suggests that a caret is an up arrow, but I can't think what the official name for those left and right arrows is at the moment.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Try downloading this nifty little freebie. I've used it for a couple of years now.

EmailStripper - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Comment

nudge
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Does that mean the "Email stripper" didn't do the trick, Margaret?
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Margaret, I've pm'd you in case the link isn't working.

Comment

Kite, No that is not the problem I have only just seen the reply missed it last night. Will keep you posted.
              Margaret N

Comment

Kite & GallowayLass,

I have just downloaded the email stripper and it is brilliant (first time anyway). Fingers crossed it will stay that way.

It takes seconds to download, save to Start Menu + Short Cut on Desktop. I then opened email Select All, Copy, back to Desktop and Paste the email into it, Press Strip, Press Copy and then paste into Word or another email etc.

I did see another one when I googled it - so if this becomes a problem I will try that.

Hope this helps Kite.

Thank you for the link GallowayLass
                Margaret N

Comment

GallowayLas,

I have the email stripper on my Start Menu and also a shortcut on my Desk Top. Each time I switch on the Email stripper opens even when not on line. Can I stop this and open the programme as and when required?
                  May not be on line for a few days as I am changing my ISP.
                  Margaret N

Comment

There is a way of controlling which programs open themselves up on startup but I'm not sure how it's done. Dunno why Email Stripper is doing that with you, it's never misbehaved for me.

When you're back up and running do a post and say what version of Windows you are on and somebody will help. I think you said you had Vista and I don't how to help you there I'm afraid, I'm on XP Home

Comment

Working...
                    X