A Consistency problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Consistency problem

When I start the computer it reports a Consistency problem with drive C, it then does a chkdisk of the drive.
    What can I doe to resolve the problem?

wanna swap pcs ??? I am getting all sorts of odd messages on mine now .

Comment

No thanks, I have enought as it is!!

Comment

James
        A consistancy check is where it has detected that there could be an error on the disc or bad sectors on bootup.

The system will run CHKDISK and create 'information files' for the sectors it found were faulty or where there was bad data stored and moved. (the end in .chk)

If this is happening everytime you are booting up, there has been known on Xp that the .chk files could confuse the system into thinking it still had a problem to resolve and so run CHKDSK again.

Run a file search for all files that end in .chk (fullstop chk) and delete them.
        If it were the .chk disk error causing it, you should find it cured.
        If it is still happening, then you must urgently back up your data, as there may be damaged areas on the disk and there is the chance it could be failing.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
        X