Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you find this family in 1871?

Hi
    If anyone has the time to look for this family in 1871 I would much appreciate the help. I have tried loads of different searches and just can't find them.
    Thanks Moggie

Thomas Wright Limmer was born in Limehouse in 1847. He married
    Susan/nah Isabel/la Hopper in 1865. She was also born in Limehouse in 1845. By 1871 they had 2 children Lydia born 1866 Limehouse and Thomas Wright born 1870 Limehouse.

Don't suppose you have the 1870 birth cert? (for the address)

Comment

Hi Monty
      I don't have the birth cert for Thomas born 1870 but I do have the cert for their next child James (my grandfather) but he wasn't born until Oct 1872. The address then was 1 Frederick St Limehouse. The trouble is families in that area tended to be always on the move.
      Moggie

Comment

It's OK I've found them! (And at the right address as it happens!)

Once I'd seen that in 1881 they were recorded as Clark (was that Thomas' mother's surname for a long time?) I tried Clark in 1871 and it worked. Well, it would have done if Ancestry hadn't decided to spell it CLASH and Lydia as LIDIA! lol

RG10; Piece: 552; Folio: 122; Page: 21

Comment

Wow Monty you are absolute star
          Long story but Lydia Limmer wasn't married when she had Thomas Limmer. She then married a James Clark and I think Thomas was listed as a Clark in 1861 and as you said he was listed as a Clark in 1881. I never would have thought of looking for him as Clark in 1871 because he married as a Limmer and his children were registered as Limmers. I have never been able to find out when he died, all I know is that he was deceased by 1892 (son Thomas' marriage). Perhaps I should now look for his death under Clark. Many thanks
          Moggie

Comment

I suppose no one remembered his middle name whe he died :(

I see that despite them consistently being on the census as Clark everyone remembered their "legal" names for registrations (except Thomas senr's death?). I found Susan's death which I'm sure you have already:

Deaths Mar 1880
            Limmer Susan Bella 35 Stepney 1c 388

Is this another child for Thomas and Susan?

Births Jun 1876
            Limmer Susan Isabel Stepney 1c 468

Deaths Jun 1879
            Limmer Susan Isabella 3 Stepney 1c 314

Comment

Hi Monty
              Thomas and Susan had 7 children in total and only 3 survived to adulthood and I do have these details. I think Susan (the mother ) died after the birth of their 7th child Alfred who also died age 3 months of convulsions. I am guessing that Lydia Clark registered Thomas' death and he was listed as a Clark. The problem is knowing where he died. If his death was registered at Stepney there is a possible in 1890 although his age is out by about 3 years. I may send for this and see if it is him. I have just sent to the Probate office to see if Lydia Clark left a will. She died in 1893 but if it was written a couple of years earlier he may be mentioned.
              Thanks Moggie

Comment

Fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Hi Monty
                  Another challenge for you if you fancy having a go.
                  I can't find Lydia Limmer with son Thomas Limmer in 1851 or Lydia in 1841.
                  She was born in 1817 at Wivenhoe Essex & Thomas in 1847 at Limehouse.
                  Many thanks
                  Moggie

P.S
                  Lydia married James Clark on 9th Nov 1851 in Bethnal Green. The address for both was 34 Margaret Street.
                  Last edited by maudarby; 04-02-09, 15:04.

Comment

Hmmmm......not having much luck at the moment!

I would expect she would be in Bethnal Green in 1851 if that's her marriage in Q4 1851.

"Limmer" is asking to be mistranscribed! lol

Comment

If there's someone out there with a FMP subscription they might be able to check that address for you.

Comment

Hi Monty
                        Thank you very much for trying to find them. I have had no luck finding them either.
                        Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                          If there's someone out there with a FMP subscription they might be able to check that address for you.
                          1851 not on FMP!
                          Elaine

Comment

Possible 1841 - transcribed as Simmer
                            HO107; Piece 713; Book: 3; Civil Parish: Stepney; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 10; Folio: 48; Page: 12; Line: 18;
                            Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
                              Thank you very much I am sure that is her in 1841. The L of Lydia is the same as the first letter of the surname, her age is about right and she was born out of the county.
                              Moggie

Comment

Working...
                              X