This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet back up for renewal

I have recieved a e-mail from ancestry regards the internet back up but read what this says;

We’re writing to let you know that your Family Tree Maker™ Internet Backup Service is coming up for renewal on February 23, 2009. Questions? Call us at 1-800-ANCESTRY.

Just a reminder
    We gave you a 90-day free trial to the backup service with your Family Tree Maker software. This service has allowed you to store backup copies (3 gigabytes max) of Family Tree Maker files on MyFamily.com. You can upload and download files with the service until your 90 days are up. But keep in mind that if you don’t renew the service after 90 days, any of your files left on our servers may be deleted.

One year. Three gigs. $9.95.
    Do nothing and we’ll renew your Internet Backup Service subscription for only $9.95 a year. We’ll bill the credit card you originally gave once a each year unless you cancel. Of course, we’ll send you a reminder email at least two weeks before your renewal date each year. And you can cancel any time by calling 1-800-ANCESTRY.

Now I do pay to back up my 2006 version so will this mean that this one has ran out seeing as I do have 2008 with update to 09 I think?
    and what phone number would I contact them on as carnt use the one stated on there ;;;????
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Internet back up is only available on the 2006 version.
    It is not available on the 2008/2009 version.
    So I suppose the simple answer is that if you are still using 2006 then it's probably worthwhile paying for another year. If you have moved on to 2008/2009 then it is of no use to you whatsoever!

To contact Ancestry from the UK
    0800 404 9723 (free phone) - hours are Monday to Friday from 09:00 GMT to 19:00 GMT,
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 04-02-09, 07:45.
    Elaine

Comment

Cheers for that Elaine ,,,thats what I couldnt understan Elaine yes I still use 2006 but have the other and the way thats worded wondered if they had brought it back with the 2009 version as well????
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Working...
      X