Christopher Belbin death in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopher Belbin death in USA

My Great Uncle Christopher Robert Belbin born 1886 St Giles London Middlesex left with his wife Rudy from Liverpool to Montreal in 28 July 1919 on SS Corsican to work with Ford Motor Company. I have traced him to 1930 census of Wayne Michigan but no nothing else.....can you help please!

Hi ya cuz

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Do you have his 1923 boarder crossing arrival from Canada to the US?

Departure contact wife Ruby, arrival contact sister Gladys Bentley.
      Fiona. xx

Comment

The 1919 ships list seems to be him and wife Ruby leaving Canada and arriving in Liverpool.

He then seems to return in 1920 by himself. Haven't found his first arrival befor July 28 1919 yet but still looking.
        Fiona. xx

Comment

In case you haven't already found them...
          The Library of Canada has passenger lists images online for free. They are indexed by ship/date/destination etc - but not by individual names.

This link gets to your crossing:
          Item Display - Passenger Lists, 1865-1922 - Library and Archives Canada
          Ship: CORSICAN
          Shipping Line: Canadian Pacific Railway Co.
          Departure Port and Date (yyyy/mm/dd): Liverpool - 1819-08-08
          Port and Date of Arrival: Montreal, Quebec - [1919-08]
          Quebec, Quebec - 1919-08-18
          List includes: "Returning soldiers, People released from Grosse Isle"
          Reference: RG 76
          Microfilm: T-14701
          Just above that précis is the link to the actual images. I was going to have a look on your behalf - but I should warn you that there are 63 pages, including the front summary, and you can't jump, you have to see them in sequence, one at a time!

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X