can someone explain please,thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone explain please,thanks

Good morning...I`m a little puzzled here...if you go to freebmd and for births type surname Anson -mothers maiden name Ellis ..you will get my mum Enid Miriam Anson and all her bros and sisters EXCEPT the 2 youngest
    Ann Margaret who passed away 2 yrs ago and
    Dorothy who passed away as a baby
    is there a reason they are not transcribed ie..I think they were born 1936 for Dorothy and 1938 for Ann Margaret ??? is this too late to be transcribed?
    could someone put me wise please...also I can`t find their births...any advice?....cheers...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

The transcribers are working their way forwards, so started in 1837 and they are now well into the 20th century.

1936 and 1938 are a bit late for most people to be on there, but they should be on the new ancestry search.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

This part of the site explains the coverage and what they have transcribed so far:

FreeBMD : Coverage

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

They are both on ancestry.

Dorothy M JAS 1938 8b 349

Ann M JFM 1940 8b 480

Both in Liverpool S district

Comment

thanks very much tom...the transcriber has left an e-mail address...is it the done thing to contact them about your family and the transcriptions??...allanADDED...just seen your last post regarding both on ancestry...does it give Dorothys middle name or just M...EVERY Daughter (8 of them )had a middle name beginning with M and I don`t know Dorothys...allan
          Last edited by garstonite; 03-02-09, 11:50.
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Nope, all that is, is a record of who has transcribed them.

They won't be able to tell you anything other than the info given in the indexes (which are given in my above post). If you wanted more info from the certificates you would need to buy them from the GRO or the local RO for £7.

Comment

Allan, is Dorothy still alive? If not, her death entry may tell you her middle name (depending on date). if she is still alive then we sould really remove her details from this thread!!

Do you know when she died (if she has........sorry, I'm not wording this very well, am I?!!)

Comment

Merry, Dorothy passed away as a baby. (In Allan's first post)

So, I don't think it would say her middle name because that didn't come in until the late 1960s (I think anyway )

Comment

Ah, sorry, I didn't read the first post! lol

You are right.

Comment

I transcribe for FreeBMD and am just doing 1931 births, so it will be a while before we get to the end of the 1930's.
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thank you all...sorry about the delay but the boss wanted to go on facebook...2 of my mums sisters are alive,both in their eighties and one brother is alive....I could always ask one of them,but unfortunately once you get in their house...you don`t get out...lol I am a joiner and whenever I go they have 10 jobs for me to do that they expect doing the next day..1 aunty only lived 500yds up the road from us as children and she only had 2 daughters,no sons...I was treated like the son she never had...she idolised me when I was 4/5 and always made a fuss of me..as soon as she put her 2 daughters in school she was round to our house to spoil me...and I still love her to bits today...she`s 87....anyway...thanks again to all of you for your help and advice...cheers...allan;)

Comment

Working...
                      X