Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having problems with ScotlandsPeople?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having problems with ScotlandsPeople?

For the past few days I've been having trouble with searches on SP. It seems to occur when I ask for soundex results - the page just keeps loading and the results never appear.

Before I contact them, I thought I'd just check whether anyone else is having a similar problem with the site.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Hi,
    I have had no problems but i know my sister just couldn't get connected to the site at all yesterday afternoon.
    However - I see that the 1881 census index is out of operation and they have said it will be unavailable for a few hours. I hope they are adding something - I would love to see the original images.
    herky
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Hi herky, thanks for your reply.

I saw the 1881 announcement but couldn't work out if it meant just that census would be unavailable, or the whole site. Also, I don't necessarily check the service announcements every time I go on and only realised today that there is no way of seeing when announcements were posted. Or is there, and I am being dense?)

I'd love to see the originals for 1881 too!
      Gillian

Comment

Hi Gillian,
        I get the feeling that it is just the 1881 census that is unavailable at present.
        I have to say though that there have been some very slow times in the last month or so when I have just given up and yes it does appear to be when looking for a large range eg I suppose like using soundex and there may be many results.
        Let's hope it gets sorted because I just love that site - but most of mine are Scotish.
        herky
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

The 1881 census index is working now 17:34 but it seems it's still a transcript only as the fee is 1 credit.

I've also had go at a birth search with 2 wildcards in the surname and no forename or sex. I gave the county but no parish and got 59 pages of results failry quickly. I then tried the same search but the surname in full and soundex on. This time I got 60 results but it took a lot longer.

Maybe it just needs a lot a time to think LOL

Comment

herky - I love it too, and their customer service side is second to none. I think my split is about 50% Scottish and 50% English and Irish (some of whom I had always thought were Scottish lol)

Thanks Galloway Lass. Shame it's still a transcript, but still, improvements to the index ware good too.

I was only having another go at finding the birth of Mary Dunning Fife 1886 to 1888 with soundex but still can't get a result. I suspect she's not there anyway!
            Gillian

Comment

Working...
            X