Blawith Parish Lancashire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blawith Parish Lancashire.

Anyone know where I could look for any PRs I thought would be in Blawith.

I'm after the Addison family pre 1728. LDS doesn't have anything earlier than 1728 for baptisms, marriages and burials, so I can't order them.

I've checked Hawkshead as a close parish and checked all of Lancs OPC site.

Just wondering if anyone knows of another area that may not be fully transcribed on Lancs OPC yet, so I could ask at LDS.

The earliest record I have is the marriage of Agnes Addison to William Kirkby 1728 in Hawkshead. Agnes was the daughter of Hugh Addison and, I believe, Jane. Hugh died in 1743. In his will he mentions properties in Blawith.

Thanks.

LDS have parish registers 1709-1902

Details of film:
    Title details ('Parish registers ')
    FHL BRITISH Film
    1471923 Items 7-10
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine................when I asked about those, they said there were no baptisms, marriages or burials on that file. They are "church wardens Business" files and would only have bits and pieces of church business.

Do you think they'd be worth getting????

This lot swapped between CofE (rarely) RC and Quaker, but were wealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
        Do you think they'd be worth getting????
        No idea!
        Elaine

Comment

Just checked that link Elaine......It does say baptism start at 1728 etc.....not sure what the other records would be.

Comment

Genuki says (in 1870): BLAWITH, a township-chapelry in Ulverston parish, Lancashire.

Comment

Lancashire RO hold Bishops Transcripts from 1715. PR's are missing (by the look of it) before 1728.

Comment

Genuki page states some records dating back to 1715 are held at the Lancashire Record Office - but nothing for earlier dates.

GENUKI: St John the Baptist Church of England, Blawith, Lancashire genealogy

I wonder if it might be worth dropping a line to the Lancashire Family History Society to ask?
                Elaine

Comment

Does this help?
                  Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerk Project - Parish of Blawith

(Bother - just noticed all the dates are after what you want, and I can't see how you contact the OPC just now)
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Lancashire "north of the sands" is very poorly represented in online records (as Libby already knows!).
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I'll have another go at trying the Lancs or Cumbria FHS.

I did contact the ROs.
                      Cumbria told me they don't hold them because the areas were in Lancs previously.
                      Lancs told me Cumbria won't let them release any more from the areas that are now Cumbria???

As this area was Lancs, but is now Cumbria, they seem to be fighting over it.

One of the forums had an article about Lancs OPC not being allowed access to any more of Cumbria's "area".

Anyone know which RO would be the best to contact or do I just give them all a go???
                      lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                        Anyone know which RO would be the best to contact or do I just give them all a go???
                        Don't know, but when you find out, do let me know. :D:D
                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks UJ...................I will. lol

Comment

Working...
                          X