Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get my tree out from Family Tree Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get my tree out from Family Tree Maker?

I've got FTM 2006 but it is a free version from a CD that came with a magazine. I used to build my tree on Genes Reunited and then export my GEDCOM from there and load it into FTM to view offline, but after a problem with some of the dates on the GR GEDCOM I decided to do it the other way round. I corrected all the dates, loaded the GEDCOM into FTM and since then I have been adding stuff to that tree. But now I want to export it and upload a new GEDCOM onto GR etc, I can see no way of exporting it. Help says it should be an option on the File menu, but it isn't there, presumably because of the fact that it's a free version. But I don't really want to pay up just to export my tree. Is there any other free software I can use to read in an FTM file and convert it to a GEDCOM, anybody know?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Have you tried Legacy

Legacy Family Tree Genealogy Software

its very simalar to FTM and you can export gedcom save to your desktop and then upload to GR from that
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

But also kite if you want to stay with FTM you can buy it for under tenner at lots of places if you buy the Who do you think you are version 16
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I have FTM 2005 to export click on File, scroll down to Export File across to entire file put in a file name and change to Gedcom at the bottom.

If it is not there this will not help but I thought I would tell you just in case.

Regards
        Jill

Comment

Originally posted by dahaniuk View Post
          I have FTM 2005 to export click on File, scroll down to Export File across to entire file put in a file name and change to Gedcom at the bottom.

If it is not there this will not help but I thought I would tell you just in case.

Regards
          Jill
          Kate if you can't find the "Export File" as mentioned above, I can convert it for you if you like. Just PM me and let me know.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for the offer Wendy, but someone else has already very kindly sorted it for me.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

The "freebie" version of FTM has several locked features, one of which is the export option.
              It is possible to unlock the programme and make it a full working version via an unlock code, BUT........it costs around £20.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
              My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
              My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
              X