Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Birth Search....

....doesn't seem to be working.
    I keep getting a picture of a boy and it says 'please search again'.

Is anyone else having trouble or is it just me?
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Yes, looks as though they're having problems again.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I've just been on the UK version 1916-2005 birth index and I got an image of a page ok. Ancestry often has problems and throws up the photo and asks you come back later. On Thursday about 4.30pm I couldn't get past this for over an hour.

Comment

Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me!
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

I was checking a few known cousins yesterday on the new index. It only showed 2 out of 3 of them.

It isn't exactly reliable is it anyway

Comment

I'm having the same trouble, did you manage to get it sorted?

Comment

I still can't get the 1837 onwards complete birth index.

I can get the FreeBMD one and everything else seems to be working.

Comment

Nudge for Smiffy

Joanie

Comment

It looks like they have got rid of the search facility for births. I wonder why?
                  Lynne

Comment

Lynne, I'm guessing that the reason is that some people were confused and thought that the complete index was searchable by name and so would try it out by putting their own name in and then wonder why it didn't find it. But I do hope they put back the option to browse through page by page easily.
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kate
                      I wish they would stop messing about and leave things as they were. I found it really useful especially if the birth was not on FreeBMD.
                      I have just been trying to search the partial births for Henry Bowering born 1878. He is on FreeBMD but no sign of him on Ancestry??

EDIT:
                      Sorry, ignore that. I had forgotten he is registered in his mother's maiden name of Spouse with Bowering as a middle name. He was born the qtr before his parents married.
                      Last edited by Granny Lynne; 07-02-09, 14:20.
                      Lynne

Comment

Working...
                      X