Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry...create more than one tree

I have just subscribed to Ancestry...and wish to create a family tree
    Is it possible to create more than one tree, I am researching 4 different families?

sorry just realised this has posted twice on forum....

Comment

yes it is I have a few on there

Comment

Yes I've got 3 on there

very usefull when you want to keep things separate.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

family tree on ancestry

Can anyone advise me how to start a new additional family tree on Ancestry.com?

I have one ongoing, but now wish to start research for a different surname...cannot see how to add new home person..
          Thanks

Comment

Go back to the Family Tree homepage. At the bottom of where it lists your current tree, you should see the option to 'Create a new tree'.

You can then add the names as before.

The trees will not be linked - is that what you're after?
            Tracy

Comment

Also when you look at the census you can attach them to people in your tree with also the option of adding new family members to your tree.

Click on attach to someone on tree - or words to that effect
              Then if its got people of the same name it'll give you the option further down to attaching the census to other family members or adding new people.

Click on that and it'll list the people and you can tick which ones you want to add.

So when you look at an individual on your tree you could see something like this - think you put the birth/marriage/death in yourself though. (might be wrong as I'm using scottish bdm's which aren't on ancestry).

birth
              1841 census
              marriage
              1851 census
              1861 census
              death

This then shows at a glance which census you've got for the individual and which are missing.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
              X