Google Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Mail

From time to time when I go to check my googlemail I am asked to log in again with my user name. Is this a normal procedure for googlemail to request?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

If you do a disc clean-up and it removes cookies, it would loose that information and you would need to log in for another cookie to be stored on your PC

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Trevor,

No, I have not done anything like that. I did view My Account section to study how to add more email addresses. Maybe it is because I accessed My Account or view the additonal programmes like google earth that I am thinking of downloading. This has happened to me often (I do not mean every day).
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

I have been on Gmail since it started, and occasionally have to re-enter my user name and password (maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks, sometimes it stays logged in for months), but usually after my internet connection drops out or the PC crashes.

Are you using Gmail Notifier? (the little blue envelope in the system tray). If so make sure it is up to date and that you have set up your login to remember your password.
        Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

From memory they require you to re-log in on a regular basis - it's a security feature to make sure that no-one else is using your account - I have to re-log in (can't remember how often but it ha to be at least every four weeks or so)
          There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Hello Marion,
            I am thinking along the same lines as you but just wanted to check it out. I am going to change my ISP next week and am trying to iron out as many problems as possible. Plenty of time to do it today as it is snowing heavily.
            Pete, I think we are all thinking much the same. Thank you.
            Margaret N

Comment

Working...
            X