Millicent May marriage help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millicent May marriage help please!

I found someone on Ancestry who had a part of my Hatch family on their tree so I emailed them. I had an email back today with some great info although it is not his family as such (its his nephews mothers side if that makes sense?). They have told me that Millicent May Hatch was married to a William Coates in 1920, but I have looked 1919-1922 and can't see a marriage. They had a son Ernest in 1922 (I have found his birth). Just wondered if anyone has anytime spare if they could have a look for me. If you have no luck then I will have to get back to them and ask if they have a specific date and whether they have found it on ancestry etc.
    Thanks
    Tessie

Any Ideas Where They Married And I Will Look For You
    GWEN

Comment

If you look at the FreeBMD coverage page, a lot of marriages for that year haven't been transcribed yet:

FreeBMD : Coverage

You'll need to look at the complete index on Ancestry.

Comment

Can't see anything in 1920 or 1921 in either names.
        Last edited by JBee; 31-01-09, 21:57.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

She appears to be unique (b 1899 Gainsboro') - so they should have been married in Lincs, if they were conventional.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Apparently she moved to Huddersfield as his housekeeper after his wife died and left him with two children to look after and then got married and had ernest in 1922! Thanks for looking I will ask my contact if they have any definite dates etc!

Comment

Tessie, I can't find anything around that time. If the contact cannot give you an exact date, I would assume that they are guessing the year on account of Ernest birth being 1922.
              William & Millicent may never have tied the knot legally or until much later. The only other option is if Millicent was married previously, but I can't find a William Coates to any Millicent.
              Last edited by Lyn A; 01-02-09, 10:32.

Comment

Working...
              X