Missing Aaron Hale mark 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Aaron Hale mark 2!

As Elaine found my Aaron Hale 1 in about 5 mins (when I've been looking for more than 6 months!!) I'm wondering if anyone can find Aaron Hale no 2 for me on the 1901 census. He was born in about 1841 in Gloucestershire and I think he died in 1902 in Aston, Birmingham but I can't find him in 1901, he should be in Birmingham then too. (I also can't find him in 1851 in Gloucestershire if anyone can help with that!)

Thank you very much!

Clare
    Clare

Was he a brassworker?

Comment

Do you have his marriage certificate - if so what is fatherĀ“s name and occupation?
      Elaine

Comment

I see he's not with his wife, Sarah. There are a couple of AH's in an asylum. There's one aged 62 brassworker, b not known and another one aged 58 b Birm, but that might be wrong.
        I think both are on this page:

RG13; Piece: 2807; Folio: 167; Page: 10

One listed number 11 and the other near the top.

However, if he died here then the reg would be in Kings Norton district, not Birmingham, so perhaps more searching is required?

Comment

There is one born 1846 West Dean Gloucestershire- is that too late?

parents Cornelius & Mary Blanch
          Jess

Comment

Elaine - no I don't know his father's name and don't have a marriage cert for him.

Merry, he was a "man lab" in 1891 living at 112 Lawley St, Aston Birmingham

Thank you both

C
            Clare

Comment

I'd ruled out the 1846 birth as too late as he had had 2 children by 1860.

Merry, the death in Birmingham is only a possibility not definite, so if there is a death in Kings Norton that fits that is also a possibility.

C
              Clare

Comment

That's the thing....there is no death in Kings Norton, but if either of the men in the asylum is yours, then you would expect the death to also be in the asylum, but then the reg would be in Kings Norton not Birmingham.

Comment

I presume the earliest you have found him then is in 1861
                  Household:
                  Aaron Hale 22
                  Sarah Collier 23
                  Aaron Hale 2
                  George Collier 62
                  RG9; Piece: 1766; Folio: 203; Page: 38

FreeBMD shows a registration for Aaron Isaac Hale, June 1841 Malmesbury 8, 351

1841 census shows an Isaac Hale living in Malmesbury
                  household:
                  Alexander Hale 20
                  Eliza Hale 15
                  Isaac Hale 3 Mo
                  HO107; Piece 1181; Book: 24; Civil Parish: St Paul Malmesbury; County: Wiltshire; Enumeration District: 2; Folio: 7; Page: 13; Line: 9

1851 - again in Malmesbury
                  household:
                  Alexander Hale 30
                  Eliza Hale 28
                  Isaac Hale 10
                  Anne Hale 8
                  Sarah Hale 6
                  Eleanor Hale 1
                  John Neal 19
                  Henry Punter 22
                  HO107; Piece: 1835; Folio: 286; Page: 17;

Maybe he was known as Isaac rather than Aaron as a child?

Obviously his marriage certificate would help.
                  Elaine

Comment

I love the way Sarah Collier is shown as a visitor whilst her son is the son of the head of house! lol

Comment

Elaine, didn't the death reg you found for the son also have the initial I somewhere in it?

Comment

I think it was Aaron I M Hale - not sure what his birth registration shows.
                        Elaine

Comment

He may well have been known as Issac as a child as Aaron you found earlier was Aaron Issac too. I'd not seen the 1851 or 1841 entries but they definitely look right.

I guess I should look for Issac Hale in 1901 in institutions in Birmingham then.

Merry the "visitor" made me laugh too, perhaps his son was an immaculate conception?!

Think I need to stop asking for help before I go bankrupt with all the certs I want to order now!!

Thank you all so much

Clare
                          Last edited by claretaylor22; 31-01-09, 18:02. Reason: adding comment re vistor
                          Clare

Comment

Elaine his birth reg is just plain Arron, I've got that, he added the rest himself for effect!
                            Clare

Comment

There is a private tree on Ancestry showing Aaron Isaac Hale, born 1841 in Malmesbury St Paul, Wiltshire - might be worth contacting the owner.
                              Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I'll give it a go.
                                Clare

Comment

Working...
                                X