Your opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion please

I have differing opinions on these pictures as to whether they are the same woman or not. I'd really like your opinion so I can put this to rest. Thanks so much.

Well theres a similarity with the eyes and mouth. If it is not the same woman, they are related
    Pam

Comment

I don't think they are of the same person,but I would agree that they look related.
      Fran

Comment

As Pam said, there's certainly a similarity, though I'd say the woman on the left is older and from a different generation. Could she be the mother of the woman on the right?

ETS: I just realised that I originally viewed them on my widescreen laptop and their positions change when on a standard 15" monitor! LOL! So, when I refer to the lady on the left, I mean the one in Edwardian dress.
        Last edited by lorry53; 01-02-09, 10:19.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I would say they look very alike but are not the same person. The one with the high collar seems to be of a middle-aged lady photographed in the late Edwardian period (or just pre-WW1) and the other one also looks like a middle aged lady taken in the 1920's/1930's.

Comment

Even allowing for the shoulder pads the lady on the right has shoulders that are much more sloping than the one on the left

Comment

The lady on the left appears to have a higher forehead and the one on the right appears to have a longer and slender nose so would say they are not the same person, but have similar features which could make them related.

Janet

Comment

The hairline and shoulderline are drastically different though there is similarity about the eyes, so I would say not the same person but a possiblity they are related. Any clues on the back eg photographers?

Comment

I am going to say that I think they are the same woman.

Reason? The lady on the right reminds me of a photo of my Auntie Em, who looked very much like this lady and she was in her 70s!

I have an earlier photo of my Auntie Em, wearing a high Edwardian collar like the lady in the first photo. My Auntie Em began to slope around her shoulders in her late 60s.

the two ladies in your photos have identical ears. I don't agree that their hairlines are different, I would say they are very much the same, allowing for a slight receding in the lady on the right. Noses often get either thinner or fleshier as one ages.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
                    The lady on the left appears to have a higher forehead and the one on the right appears to have a longer and slender nose so would say they are not the same person, but have similar features which could make them related.

Janet

I agree with what Janet says and also the woman on the left seems to have a fuller bottom lip. I would say they are related though
                    Jeanette
                    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Well I'm no forensics expert but after scaling the images to the same size and twisting the one with the glasses but keeping all proportions the same, the eyes and nose are exactly the same.

The mouth is slightly out but not vastly and I think you can allow the ears to be different due to the angle of the one with the glasses. The hairline is different but a slightly receded hairline may be as a result of years of tying the hair up.

Just my opinion though.

Hail Spode!

Comment

Hail Spode!

Comment

I'm most impressed Guy!

Comment

The one on the right has angular eyebrows the one on the left has a smooth curve to hers, so I say definitely not the same person.
                            Gwynne

Comment

The woman without spectacles has a much shallower/wider forehead than the other lady.

Comment

Guy,

Very impressive! I wish I could do that!! Certainly looks interesting when you look at old photos this way!

Janet

Comment

Well, I'm with OC on this one. I do think they are the same woman taken at different stages of her life.

Having said that I haven't done any calculations about ages/fashion/dates of photo. It's just the gut reaction I had before I saw the replies. I was very surprised to be in the minority!!!

If they are not the same person they are surely related to each other.

Anne

Comment

Not at all but they could easily be sisters or related some way?

See the nose of No 1 is thinner, straighter and more aquiline - the second's is entirely different. I don't think a nose could change that much in 10-20 years?

No 2 has a fuller lower lip and surely the older you get the thinner the lips? Also No 1 looks like she may have false teeth or at least an unusually thin upper lip - no 2 doesn't.

They are so alike though I bet they're closely related.

Comment

Working...
                                    X