Ancestry!! Back at a price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry!! Back at a price!

Just logged on to 1916+ births, have to upgrade to see details now!
    What a ****!
    These are UK facts but not included in UK membership ....
    Bridget

I have a AU membership its still in with that, i did have to log off and on again though.

Sylvia
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

I've got a sub and got in okay. Do you have a sub?

Comment

I have UK membership and it appears not to included England and Wales Births 1916-2005!

Unbelievable.

Comment

I have just a normal UK memberhip, nothing special so I wonder why you can't see the records. Can I look something up for you?

Comment

I was asked to upgrade when I did a search earlier, even though I still have a subscription at the UK site. I just went to their homepage and started the search again and it worked. You could try logging out and back in again, Maggie.
            Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I have a UK sub and I can access them OK.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

It may be the difference between the UK Essentials membership and the UK Premium membership.
                The UK Premium membership states that it includes 'new historical content, as soon as it's released' so it is possible that they have not added this database to the Essentials package.

If you click on 'My Account' at the top right hand corner of the Ancestry page you should be able to see which package you have subscribed to.
                Elaine

Comment

I can get through to Ancestry via the link between FTM 2006 but not directly. If I try to access it directly I get the try again message!

Comment

My understanding of the Ancestry information pages is that both the Essentials and Premium Memberships should have access
                    Search key record collections - like Birth, Marriage and Death Indexes and Census records Checked Checked
                    Gillian
                    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I have just checked my membership and it is a UK annual mebership. I don't think there is anything special about that is there?

Comment

If I were you, I would contact ancestry to ask whether the database is supposed to be included in your membership or not.
                        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
                          I have just checked my membership and it is a UK annual mebership. I don't think there is anything special about that is there?
                          Gill - just below the Current subscription heading is Upgrade Options.
                          If it gives you the option to upgrade to the Premium and Worldwide membership then you are only on the Essentials Package.
                          If the only upgrade option you have is Worldwide membership then you are already on the Premium membership.
                          Elaine

Comment

I'm on the Essentials package and accessed it yesterday no problem.

Comment

I am on Annual UK Membership but I can see the new index.

I renewed just before the pricing structure changed and was told this would cover me for the Premium Membership until my next renewal. I understood this applied to all Annual UK Memberships running at the time of the change.
                              Gillian
                              User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I joined the Aus site in October and when I have I have just looked now it says I have the Annual U.K. Heritage Collection Membership
                                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I have the Essentials package and can access the new index no problem.
                                  Sarah

Comment

I have the bog standard uk sub and accessed this collection yesterday. Haven't tried today!

OC

Comment

This hiccup occurred today after Ancestry had been down for ages ... yesterday was wonderful!
                                      I also, was told the UK sub would be Premium until the renewal date .... guess they saw possible +££££ signs with the interest shown in the new Index.

I shall not renew Ancestry now, but stick to Find My Past.
                                      Bridget

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                        I have the bog standard uk sub and accessed this collection yesterday. Haven't tried today!
                                        I've just tried searching for me and my rellies (also bog standard UK sub.). It works OK for me, and got the same result doing a web search off FTM.
                                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                                        X