Ordering marriage cert???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering marriage cert???

I just tried ordering a marriage cert, by clicking on the basket in Ancestry. ( Note: I am in Australia). Anyway it gives no chioce other than the UK for a country, to post it to. How am I supposed to get it? I've never had a problem before.

Jackie
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

No that would be bad.

Click on the link in my sig!
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Jacqueline you need to use the GRO to order certs they are cheaper than ancestry to get them from and they send to any country, will see if I can get you the addy
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Found it click on this link and buy them dear only £7 per cert and postage

General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths

Comment

Thanks Pippa Doll & Borobabs. I'll try that.

Jackie
          Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

Lol didnt see Pippas siggy there shows how much I notice as well

Comment

Jackie.....I am also in Aus and always only get the GRO certs. You'll have it in about 10-14 days and it will cost 7 pounds (no extra for postage).

Never buy them anywhere else unless you want to pay lots more.

The GRO service is great.

Comment

Jackie, when you order from the GRO on the first page you will see a box to tick (well it's a circle but you know what I mean!) asking if you have the GRO reference. The reference consists of the name, year, quarter, registration district, volume and page number. If you have the reference then make sure you tick this box (circle) or else you will be charged £11.
                Elaine

Comment

Working...
                X