Is it just me freezing on Ancestry ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me freezing on Ancestry ??

I know I am having trouble with my laptop but thought I'd try it again and I have noticed the pages get slower and slower on Ancestry then I get error on the page yellow triangle at bottom left and it suddenly freezes and I have to log off and then reboot
    Is it me or Ancestry
    I have put this query on here as its not just a pc problem I dont think
    Thanks

Seems OK to me, Val. Which browser are you using?
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Been playing up all day for me, Val. I cannot use the back button, if I do it shoots me back to Home Page, most irritating.

Slower than paint drying too.

OC

Comment

It seems OK using Firefox, but slower using IE. Hitting the back button works fine, too. How odd.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Yes, its been like that for me too. I'm trying to look at the new birth indices
          Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

really ??? oh thank goodness, its driving me mad ,I have emailed them twice this last week they have answered one of my queries about adding census records to names in my tree ,they say they have people working on it and are aware of the problem ,but this is just too much I have only just renewed my subscription too do not happy.
            I am using IE

Comment

via Australia?

I'm also on IE. Thought it was my computer too - it needs a clean. Always runs slow then
              Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

yes actually why???

Comment

I've had the same thing today and yesterday when I look for a birth in the 1940s ..... Boy with Noose telling me 'the search request could not be completed because insufficient information was provided to Ancestry ....'

RUBBISH !
                  ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working fine for me.
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

wonder if too many people took out the aussie subscription and they cant cope ???? LOL

Comment

Sorry it's because my sub runs out in two weeks and I'm trying to get as much as possible before then......

Slow work, though.

Comment

at this rate I might ask for my money back .

Comment

Its overloaded val because of the new stuff they have put on there.

Comment

Oh hello Lorry, are you a new member? Welcome

Comment

is that what it is Heather ??? it is bad if they cant cope .

Comment

Adblock Plus: Save your time and traffic

I asked this question on another board as I kept getting those flashing images on the side of each page which slowed down the pages considerably and the above site was reommended to me
                                  I have to yet find out how good it works as I think I have to close down first but I am hopeful that tomorrow faster searches on Ancestry will solve this problem.

It may just be the fact that a new search for births after1913? is available and we are all trying to use it together.

Edna

Comment

let us know how you get on with that Edna please

Comment

Working...
                                    X