Crowther family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowther family

Is anyone researching the Crowther family in Hunslet Leeds and Hull Yorkshire. Would love to hear from anyone researching this family and hopefull swap information. Regards Genious

Have you looked in the Surname Index on the WIKI?

If anyone here is researching the name you will find them there and be able to contact them

jbee is researching Crowthers in West Yorkshire
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Was just having a look kat, before I suggested that very same thing

ClicK in the blue bar, where it say THE WIKI. scroll down the page to the bit that says SURNAME DIRECTORY, the on the letter C
      when you get scrolled down to CROWTHER, you can click on JBee's name( in Blue ) and send her a message

hope its a connection!!
      Jess

Comment

I have a Crowther from Hunslet in my partner's half of the tree - William Crowther born 1800 in Hunslet. He moved to Lancashire at some point and married a Martha Collins in Eccles in 1821. There are quite a few possibles on the IGI for his baptism and I haven't managed to work out which, if any, is the right one. So I'm afraid I don't have much information to swop, except about his descendants, but if you can help me with him at all I would be very grateful, Genious!
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Sorry as far as I can see my Crowthers come from Shipley or Bradford.

1841 census - Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 1293; Book: 5; Civil Parish: Bradford; County: Yorkshire; Enumeration District: 14; Folio: 47; Page: 24; Line: 24; GSU roll: 464253.

Susannah Crowther 40
          Ellen 13
          Thomas 12
          William 6

In 1851 - HO107 PIECE 2307 FOLIO 522 PAGE 6

Susan Crowther is 51 head - Fervston? Yorkshire (wherever that is).
          William is 16 born Shipley, Yorks

The other children are not with them and I have done little research with this line as I don't know where Ellen and Thomas were born.

There does seem to be a lot of William Crowthers but my one married Sarah Milner who died in 1873 and he remarried a widow Jane Knowles in 1876 in Bradford.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Crowther

Thank you for all your replies. I had to laugh at "Feverston or wherever that is". It should read Featherstone near Wakefield Yorkshire. My Crowthers, as far as I know didn't venture into Lancashire, but some did emigrate to Canada and Hull.
            My grandfather was John William Crowther 1882 Hunslet Leeds
            His father Samuel Storey Crowther 1859 Hunslet Leeds
            his father John Crowther 1825 Nottingham then Hunslet Leeds
            If anyone has these ancestors I would be pleased to swap information.

Comment

Working...
            X