Browse by ship on FMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browse by ship on FMP

I have been told that my rellies sailed from Liverpool to Australia on the 25th May 1921 on the 'Argyllshire' I have found the voyage just wondering if it gives the passengers on the transcript as I can't find them on the passenger lists
    PAT

I don't think you can do a search on the FMP passenger lists without the surname.
    What name are you looking for?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine ............the passengers are

William Edwin Taylor born 1891 Manchester
      Elizabeth Taylor born 1892
      Edna Taylor born 1912

Edna's daughter has given me the info about the voyage
      PAT

Comment

Sorry Pat.
        Have tried to search using different fictitious names just so I can get the actual passenger list up - but can't even do that. I certainly cannot see anything under Taylor (or variants).

Might be worth asking where she found the info!
        Elaine

Comment

I will ask her where she got the info I presume it was just among family papers. Elizabeth Taylor was the daughter of the Sharkey's you found for me. Stephen and his wife went out to live with them in 1926. Edna's daughter lives in France and has just started doing family history

PS thanks for looking
          PAT

Comment

Pat - I have gone through the original page transcripts for this sailing and I certainly can't see them on there. There were not a great number of passengers - 88 adults 24 children between 1 and 12 and 2 infants - so I don't think I missed them.

Two thoughts - the sailing information is incorrect - or they managed to sail without being recorded. I have had this problem occasionally before with passengers travelling to the US where they are on Ellis Island records - with the name of the ship and dates etc - but nowhere to be found on the passenger list for that ship out of the UK

If you know which port they went to and what William is likely to have given as an occupation and/or the last address in the UK (even just a town) I am happy to look again.

Sorry couldn't help further

Cheers
            Sue

Comment

I found this entry in the National Archives of Australia.

Title[Lists of soldiers dependants embarked on SS BELTANA and SS ARGYLLSHIRE]
              Series number
              A2487 Control symbol
              1921/9420 Contents date range
              1921 - 1921

I cannot find any other reference to a 1921 arrival for the Argyllshire, so perhaps it was a special voyage. You could ask the NAA to digitise the item for you, that is free and you can see if there are any Taylors listed.
              Diane
              Sydney Australia
              Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
              X