java

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java

I recently had an automatic java update and now I find on some of the sites I visit I get a warning box come up saying this site uses an earlier form of java - do you want to run or cancel. I have tried running and cancelling but nothing happens, just another warning box over and over until I have to restart the computer to get rid of them.

Its really annoying as I know the sites are safe, I was trying to book some melodeon work shop classes for OH just now and Im getting the warning box which wont allow me to go on to check out the classes and book them.

Should I remove java from my programs or what please??

Heather dont know if this will work but have you got a internet protected mode on the bottom of your screen if so turn it off for those sites somebody recommended it on here the other day

Comment

Oh right Val, so you have to turn off your firewall?

UPDATE: Nope, tried that and when I went on the site up came the box warning me again. Its so annoying. You cant get rid of the box either, I have to restart each time it happens.
      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 30-01-09, 11:34.

Comment

I think you just turn off the protected mode above your taskbar at the bottom of your screen

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
          Oh right Val, so you have to turn off your firewall?

UPDATE: Nope, tried that and when I went on the site up came the box warning me again. Its so annoying. You cant get rid of the box either, I have to restart each time it happens.
          NEVER turn off your firewall Heather

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Which browser (and version) are you using, Heather? Do you get the same message if you use a different one?
            Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Hi there, sorted guys. I just uninstalled the last Java Update Java 6 update 11 and now its fine again.

It was a pain - so if anyone gets same problem ........ Thanks for suggestions though

Comment

Working...
              X