Australian passenger lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian passenger lists

Just noticed that the Australian passenger lists on the National Archives of Australia site have been updated:

Passenger arrivals update

We have just added 200,000 entries to the index of passenger arrivals, covering arrivals in Fremantle between 1921 and 1925. The index now covers from 1921 to January 1950
    Collection - National Archives of Australia

Thanks for that Mary.

Has this been notified anywhere:
    (First) Australian Imperial Force, 1914-1918

I had found traces of it before, but the info seems to be ©2009, so I infer that the functioning searchable database is new.

Its major activity is the construction of a database that draws on a wide range of sources to provide details on the 330,000 men and women who served overseas in the (First) Australian Imperial Force, 1914-1918. A complementary database on the (First) New Zealand Expeditionary Force is under development but is not currently accessible to the public.
    Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 30-01-09, 11:27.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Mary.

I had never looked at the Australian National Archives, not realising such recent records would be available. I've just found my uncle's emigration in 1964 which conveniently gives the 7 children's middle names and exact dates of birth.
      Gillian
      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Working...
      X