Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgotten how to search 1901 by address??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten how to search 1901 by address??

I lost all my favourites yesterday and cannot remember how and where I can search the 1911 census by address .

I think the original 1901 site allowed that - possibly also via GR?

And FMP?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Christine must write try and find my favourites again

Comment

1901 or 1911???

Comment

1901 Merry, think they died before 1911 ??? although not sure

Comment

dont know what I'm doing wrong I want 28 Windsor Terrace or Place in Shoreditch any tips please ??? thanks

Comment

Not very easy to do on Ancestry unless you do a search through the Shoreditch enumeration sheets.

You can do address searches on the 1901 census site and with some counties on FMP

28 Windsor Place
              RG13 / 269 / 67 / 17

Windsor Terrace seems to jump from 27 to 29
              RG13 /271 / 58 / 45
              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 29-01-09, 21:22.
              Elaine

Comment

oh I am on FMP at the moment thanks very much ,Elaine how do I find who lived at number 28 do I put that reference somewhere ???
                Sorry to sound stupid but I have had a hard day LOL

Comment

You can do an address search on the 1901 site, but it's pay per view:

1901 Census of England and Wales Online

Comment

If you are using FMP then click on the 1901 census person search.
                    Click on the advanced search tab and scroll down to the bottom of the box and click on census reference search
                    You then enter the reference into the boxes - donĀ“t forget to select the correct census year in the drop down box.
                    Elaine

Comment

The 1901 site gives hits for 28 Windsor Place, Shoreditch St. Leonard and 28 Windsor Terrace, Hoxton St. Mary.

Comment

thanks Elaine managed to work it out .

Comment

thanks again Mary

Comment

well I am now on the 101 census site and cannot find 28 windsor terrace at all HELP

Comment

Do you mean the 1901 site?

Go to the address search, and just type in 28 Windsor for the address, and Shoreditch for the place keyword.

Comment

Working...
                              X