upgrading to Internet Explorer 7 lost fav star incon on toobar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading to Internet Explorer 7 lost fav star incon on toobar

Ive just finished upgrading to 7 kept my home page but my star icon for favorites has gone of my toolbar top of page I still have them on the left side wirh a drop down page but when I was on a web page I could click on star icon on the toolbar and web page exspand across getting rid of my history favorites dropdown has anyone any idea's please.
    XP 7
    Granabella

Re upgrading to XP 7

I have also noticed when on a Web page ive lost my Icon to go back to my home page what have I done ? oh dear !

Granabella

Comment

Hi Granabella,
      I have merged your two threads together as they seem to be closely related. Is it Internet Explorer 7 that you have upgraded to? And if so, would you like me to change your thread title so people can see what it's about?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Can you click on "Help" and then on "About Internet Explorer" and get the full version number that it tells you, please?
        KiteRunner

Comment

yes it is thanks

Comment

Would this be the number 7.0.5730.13

Thank you.

Comment

Cannot open message going back to have another go.

Comment

Got the message thanks will have a go.

Comment

Originally posted by granabella View Post
                  Would this be the number 7.0.5730.13

Thank you.
                  Yes, that's the version number, thanks.
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Internet Explorer Cannot display the page now what have I done am nervous about removing I E from control panel incase my old one dosent come back can any one help

Comment

Sorry, I was hoping someone more expert than me would come along! Have you tried right-clicking on the toolbar and selecting "Customise Command Bar"?
                      KiteRunner

Comment

As a Firefox user, I can't solve the problem, but IE8 is on its way and, I think, can already be downloaded. It's said to be a lot more secure than 7.

Comment

Tried that, went off to make dinner came back all i now get is the cannot display page oh dear got onto Family Tree by going to favorites and clicking on there keep going onto control panel and looking at the Internet Explorer name but cannot bring my self to remove in case I loose every thing wish i'd never started.

Comment

To make sure I understand your question - do you mean you want your list of favourites displayed permanently when you're using Internet Explorer?

In Internet Explorer, at the upper right of your screen, click on Tools and then on Toolbars. Then you can click on the ones you want to show or hide. Clicking on Favorites in that list will display your favourites on the left of the screen. You can also make the list of favourites appear and disappear by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I.
                            Sarah

Comment

My home page has come back dont know what I did to get it back any way its back.
                              Sarah all you said I can get ok but on the toolbar I had a biggish star icon , which I could click on and it got rid of the drop down fav at the left side and my web page became a full page if that makes sence any way I will keep looking in case some one can help thank you so much every one for looking in and giving advice one thing I am just thankful I have my home page back I also wish i'd never started.

Granabella

Comment

Sounds like you're wanting to do the opposite of what I explained. You should be able to get rid of the list on the left of the screen (leaving only the bigger star icon above it) by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I. Alternatively, click on Tools, then on Toolbars, and then click on Favorites to untick it.
                                Sarah

Comment

Hello Sarah,thank you yes I can do that but I had a larger star on the tool bar that is the one which has gone.
                                  Granabelle

Comment

Put your cursor up towards the top of your screen on the toolbar area and right click.
                                    Select the option to customise (I think that is what it is called - I am using a Spanish version!)

A box will open up and you will see a list of icons on the right hand side which are currently included in your toolbar and a list of icons on the left hand side which you can add.
                                    Find the large star that is missing, click on it and then click on the ADD button between the two boxes so that the large star appears on the right hand side of the box.

Is that what you are looking for?
                                    Elaine

Comment

Yes but there isent a star looked been back and look again.
                                      thanks Granabella

Comment

Just been looking at some screenshots of IE7 (I use Firefox) and there doesn´t appear tobe a large favorites icon as you had with IE6. The Favorites icon seems to be at the left hand side of the page, below the navigation bars- sort of under the word File.

I think it might just be a case of a different layout.
                                        Perhaps someone with IE7 can confirm this.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X