ww1 medal rolls index cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ww1 medal rolls index cards

My relly Robert Edward Hatch has a medal index card but I can't read the correspondance bit. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks
    (he is 4th on the list)
    Tessie

Can you confirm which one it is please - his regimental number?
    Jackie

Comment

thanks

Comment

Mr E Tye makes application for his late stepsons 1914 Star 2.12.19

Address: No. 4B Willoughby Street, Gainsboro Lincs
        Elaine

Comment

He's got 2 cards

1. Mrs E Tye (?) enquires re disposal of medals d/2.7.28

2. Mr E Tye makes application for his late stepsons 1914 Star 2.12.19
          Jackie

Comment

The 2nd card looks like;
            Mr C Fye or (Tye) makes application for his stepson's 1914 star 2.12.19
            Address 4B Willoughby Street, Gainsboro, Lincs.

the initial C could be an E but I would plump for C as it looks different to the E which is clear at E.Lancs R. Pte. on the first card.

hope that's a help to you?

Comment

where is the second card?

Comment

I read the image below the one which says Robert Edward Hatch service number 9769.

He's also got another entry on ancestry as Robert Hatch 9767 which is referred to at the top of the 9769 one. I will have a look at that too but my ancestry is crawling slower than the snail today.

Got it now! This writing is a bit clearer and I'd say E. Tye in agreement with other folks. Have you looked for a marriage that would clear it up for you?
                Last edited by GallowayLass; 29-01-09, 12:53.

Comment

If you search in the medal cards for Robert Hatch Regimental number 9769 they are the first 2 that come up
                  Jackie

Comment

thank you very much- an afternoon of exploration

Comment

I entered Robert Edward Hatch as an exact search and the 9769 entry was the first one of 28 entries. The Robert Hatch 9767 was 5th one down. Both service numbers are given on the right at both entries.

I'm working on the Oz version of the site as the UK one is even worse today.

Comment

Here's a link to his entry on the Commonwealth War Grave site. Age is unkown but he was born 1890 according to ancestry so he'd be 26.

CWGC :: Casualty Details

Comment

oh my wow and thank you so much!

Comment

Mrs E Fye/Tye was a Hatch, her husband then died and she married again (Nobbs) 1907 but I can't see a marriage to Fye or Tye. I suppose they didn't actually have to be married. Why would her 'husband' want his late stepsons medal only for his mother want disposal of it 9 years later?

Comment

Hi Tessie,

Am off out to Burns' Supper shortly so I am about to log off but I was footering about earlier on with nothing to do and I found that Robert Hatch's parents were Aaron Hatch and Emma Minkley who married in Lincoln 1884. The family are on the censuses 1891 in Lincoln and 1901 in Gainsborough. Aaron was a house painter. His place of birth is different in the 2 censuses, one Lincolnshire, the other Yorkshire. He died in 1906.

I found a marriage for an Emma Hatch in 1907 but I was thinking her next husband would have been a Mr. Tye and couldn't match this up so I stopped looking. What happened to Mr Nobbs? Is Mr. Tye hubby number 3?

Comment

IGI website has this for you;

Emma was born 1865 in Lincoln, daughter of William Minkley and Harriet.
                                Aaron's father was also a William. There's no birth or baptism for him on there.
                                The couple married 8 June 1884

Comment

thanks I have the other info. I can't find a death for mr Nobbs at the mo so I am guessing he died and she married a 3rd time to mr Tye/Fye!

Comment

Working...
                                  X