Address missing on 1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address missing on 1911 census

Hello all I'm back again. This mysterious family of mine.
    Have got a death cert for a child William Henry Willis Martin 7 months old which places family at the address 42 Archer Lane. Boston.
    Thought great, Ive got them now.
    Guess what. Turned up census street search
    40 Archer Lane there and 44 Archer Lane there but cant be read not available.
    Do we then presume that 42 is unreadable also.
    I havent been able to get them by name and thought the street
    search was going to turn up trumps.
    Any ideas please.
    I'm beginning to think I was invented no ancestors

You could try emailing the 1911 census website to ask if there is a problem with that address.
    They are supposed to be making the enumerators' books available at some stage, so hopefully that might be in a better state.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I have had something similar. I have the feeling that the address search is no where near accurate enough.

I knew that my Smith ancesters were living at 43 Millward Street, Birmingham, in 1911, I tried the search, but there is no record for 43 Millward Street. I then spent quite a bit of money looking on the name index, to find that they were where exactley where I believed them to be!!
      Families Intrested in
      Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

I found that my G-g-father was living in 1911 at the address which is recorded on his death cert 1917 as his residence. The 1911 census records it as MARNE STREET, QUEENS PARK, PADDINGTON, but the death cert shows it as Marine Street, Paddington.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I did an address search for one family, and just produced the street name with no house numbers. As a result I got a complete street of hits. As it's not a close bit of family, I'm not going to fork out for the image.
          Last edited by KiteRunner; 29-01-09, 23:28. Reason: remove trick details
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
          X